cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crappy coverage layton utah.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Crappy coverage layton utah.

I barley get 3g speeds at my home. And can maybe send texts sometimes. It's been like this off and on for months but last 3 days I cant do anything. I do speed tests and it get .09 download speeds and uploads speeds are .03. And my area is supposed to have good coverage. My wife has cricket and gets 2.7 mvps download speed and 7 mbps upload. I've reported it over and over so many times I swear and nothing changes. I'm almost at the point of ditching sprint because it's basically useless. 

4 REPLIES 4
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Crappy coverage layton utah.

Hey 14lwilde. Are you only experiencing this issue when you are at home/inside? What kind of phone do you have? 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Journeyman

Both inside and out. And in more then one city. But it's far worse inside. And I have a galaxy 10+

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

There is a population of S10 devices that are having issues with data. This is something that Samsung and Sprint are actively working on to find a fix. There are some work-arounds that you can find online that involve going into developer mode on your phone and tweaking access to some of the bands, which we can't fully endorse for obvious reasons, but some folks have had success with that for the time being and that info is out on reddit and other social areas of the internet. We've also had some luck with general troubleshooting for some folks, which we would be glad to run through with you if you haven't tried that already. 

Outside of that, some folks have found that doing a factory reset and disabling automatic system updates has worked for them. Others have swapped out the phone within the 14 day Sprint Satisfaction Guarantee period for a non-impacted phone in store and moved on from having to wait for an update. 

We're glad to help out however we can. If you haven't tried troubleshooting, let us know and we can run through some basic steps with you. 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Wizard

Just going by the coverage map that looks like that area has good coverage like what was pointed out you can always do the band thing or try another S10 Plus. If you try another S10 and continue to have issues then they probably will need to look at it being more of network issue. So far from what I have seen most who have tried another device it seems to clear up the issues. 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat