cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device activation incomplete and sim card locked error on moving from unlocked Note8 to Note10+

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Device activation incomplete and sim card locked error on moving from unlocked Note8 to Note10+

Hi,

I moved from unlocked Note8 to unlocked Note10+. I used the Note8's sim card in Note10+. After trying for few seconds the screen shows message:

"Activation Incomplete:

Please contact your service provider to activate your device for server. Internal Error(407)."

After couple of seconds, the below message shows up.

"The SIM card has locked. Please power recycle the device and it the problem persists contact Customer Service."

Funny thing is, if I put the sim back in Note8, it works fine which would mean that it is not locked.

I have tried doing the power recycle but there was no change in situation.

Please advise.

6 REPLIES 6
Wizard

Re: Device activation incomplete and sim card locked error on moving from unlocked Note8 to Note10+

Howdy prashak_spr. I'll be more then happy to assist in any way I can. The sim card that was in the Note 8 may not be compatible with the note 10+. I know that Sprint brand Androids can sometimes use each others sims. But unlocked devices typically have device specific sims. If me a few mins to track down the correct sim kit for the Note 10+. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Wizard

Re: Device activation incomplete and sim card locked error on moving from unlocked Note8 to Note10+

Thanks for your patience. After looking into this device, I see that it'll need the following sim kit: 

BYOD SIM KIT SKU: 760492044714 
Part Number: SIMOLW516TQ

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

Thanks cat_sprint.

Appreciate your help on this.

I will go to a Sprint store and get the new sim.

Wizard

You're very welcome, and have a wonderful day. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Journeyman

I went to Sprint store and got the new sim. The store guy tried to activate it but he was getting a message that my plan will be changed. He asked me to get in touch with customer care. After discussion with the customer care, my phone and sim were activated with call/text working. Data activation took some time but it worked fine too.

Wizard

That's awesome to hear. I'm glad your phone is now up and running. Let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat