cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the Samsung Galaxy s10e work on sprint or not?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Does the Samsung Galaxy s10e work on sprint or not?

Can I use this phone on sprint or not? Every seller that sells this phone unlocked says that it's compatible with sprint (Amazon, best buy, eBay), but numerous forums and Google searches show that people can not activate this phone on sprint. Or they have to get a store to manually enter the  IMEI so sprint would recognize it exists and isn't locked.

I called to activate my phone and the person on the phone made it seem like because I bought it 3rd party I had done something wrong, so I returned it. (The sprint specific version is sold out on Samsung) But this is a common problem, I didn't buy a previously used phone. It looks like Sprint needs communicate to Samsung that the phone is not compatible. 

I want this phone. Can sprint activate it if I buy one? Some people have been able to get it activated and I would like to do that.

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Hey. The Samsung Galaxy S10e can definitely work on our network, but if you're purchasing from a third party, we'll need to check the IMEI/MEID to ensure that the specific device is compatible. 

Highlighted

How can I know before I buy it if it's compatible? I have the one I'm returning packed up, but I haven't mail it yet. Should I try again to activate it? 

Highlighted

if you are purchasing it from Samsung directly then it must be the S10e Special Edition.

https://community.sprint.com/t5/Device-Solutions/ANSWER-Is-My-Phone-Eligible-for-BYOD-with-Sprint/ta...

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

This is where I'm getting confused because not everyone who has gotten it to work has bought the "special edition" version (based off of conversations on Reddit and other forums). Also it's sold out on Samsung, which is why I'm trying to decipher this whole thing. 

The previous poster is affiliated with sprint and they said it works, and all of these other sellers are selling it for sprint. Including best buy which must be an authorized seller. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

So at this point the easiest thing for me to do is switch to T-Mobile? I have a factory unlocked phone I can't use, and no one can tell me what the right IMEI/MEID numbers are that work on sprint.

Highlighted

Every device has it's own IMEI/MEID number. Since you already have one in your possession, send me the number privately and I'll be able to check it. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

So after a week of communication, I'm finally told *THIS PHONE IS NOT COMPATIBLE* even though Best Buy, Samsung (the manufacturer!), Amazon, all list it as compatible. Sprint needs to get it together because this has been a big waste of my time trying to make this phone work. 

Highlighted
GrandMaster

i DID post the list of allowed devices up above..said list is/was provided by Sprint...

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

I understand that, but I'm getting conflicting information. For example right now I'm talking to best buy trying to figure out if the Galaxy s10e they sell as being compatible with sprint will work or not. According to Samsung it works. According to some people who bought it from best buy it works. Some  have other people had it work after calling in multiple IMEI numbers to find one that works. So it's really not cut and dry.

It really shouldn't fall on the customers shoulders to act as a go between for the phone manufacturer, and the service provider. 

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat