cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropping Calls

Go to solution
Journeyman

Dropping Calls

S8+ answers incoming calls but then immediately drops them.  Call does not hang up on caller end.  Frustrating!  Anybody else experience same?  Solutions?

30 REPLIES 30
Sprint Social Care

Re: Dropping Calls

drdelfs

Absolutely not the experience we want you to have with us.

Please reply back to my Private Message as soon as you can.

I'd love to help and provide you all the assistance you need.

Ciara

Sprint Social Care

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
GrandMaster

is this happening while using Wifi Calling, Google Voice or just the regular network?
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

regular network calls
Wizard

First make sure Wifi Calling is Turned Off as well as your Wfi either way you don't want Wifi Calling to interfer with anything. Second you might check your Network Settings make sure it's set to Automatic. Third you can try updating your profile again as well. Smiley Happy 

GrandMaster

also is this location based? does it only happen while at a certain location or everywhere you go (more than 5+ miles away)?
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Same thing is happening to me. I have Google Voice. When I press 1 to accept the call, it connects and then drops it instantly. It's only done this since I activated the S8. 

GrandMaster

keep looking for an update to GV..its gotta be something with the compatibility between the 2.
Journeyman

Wifi Calls are dropping on my S8+ too.
Xfinity IP 250MB/30MB tested, modem hard reset, all S8+ radios and software updated.
Work from home so I know for sure its on my end.
Had no problems when I was using my Note 5.
Location is Olathe, KS and not far from Sprint Headquarters.
Journeyman

Phone still will not make or recieve calls.

I have taken my s8+ to the sprint store they do not know what is going on. Every s8 they sell does not make or receive calls in two specific towns. Get outside the town they work. We did everything imaginable to fix the problem. The tech at the store says it must be the towers. I'm beyond upset over this issue. I need a phone to be a phone sometimes. And I am paying for something I can't use. The strange thing is my data works fine. My old phone works fine if I transfer service to it. What is wrong that my phone won't work. The Verizon version. Works fine. Do I need to change service providers to get an s8 that will work?
Journeyman

New S8 incoming calls

I just got a new S8 and love it, but incoming calls are immediately dropped. If I call back the contact it works fine, but incoming calls are dropped. I do not have with for wifi calling enabled but am using Google voice. Any suggestions?
Journeyman

Re: Phone still will not make or recieve calls.

Yes I have this SAME problem.  My new S8+ does not work ANYWHERE in my hometown.  Everywhere else it works fine.  The local sprint store was aware of this issue and said that both Sprint and Samsung are aware of the problem.  Something about some Sprint towers being 100% incompatible with the Galaxy S8.   My Galaxy S6 works perfect...it is only the S8. And there is NOTHING that can be done according to them. 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat