cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropping Calls

Go to solution
Master

Re: New S8 incoming calls

jbd4jc, the S8 is a great device! Lets work on this so that we can have that fixed.

Please go to Settings > General Management > Reset > Reset Network Settings > Reset Settings and confirm when prompted then go back to Settings, System Update and update the profile. After that, test it out a few times and let us know if there is an improvement.

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Sprint Social Care

Re: Phone still will not make or recieve calls.

Aegisu,

As you were informed, in some markets the S8/S8+ Hands Free Activation has been reported as unsuccessful causing phones not to be able to make or receive calls after initial activation. We have tested this in our lab and the ##SCRTN has worked in all cases. Have you tried this step at the store or by yourself? If not, do this:

► From home, swipe up to access Apps.

► Tap Settings > General Management > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

► Tap Reset Settings, and Confirm when prompted.

► Device will go back through Hands Free Activation.

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Re: Phone still will not make or recieve calls.

The store did that, and I did it as well several times later. Both SCRTN and resting all network settings. Texting, and Data work fine. No voice.
Journeyman

I tried this, but the issue persists. If I remove my number from my Google Voice account, incoming calls work just fine. However, when I add my number back in as a GV # then incoming calls drop immediately after I answer.
Journeyman

Re: Dropping Calls

Having the same issue with galaxy s8 and Google voice. Calls are dropped immediately after answering. May be from other sprint network phones only.
Sprint Social Care

Let's try doing a network reset. Please follow the steps below:

1. From the home screen, tap Phone. Note: The device must be in a Sprint coverage area to complete the programming and activation process. To verify Sprint Coverage, visit the Sprint website at coverage.sprint.com.

2. Dial ##72786#. Note: If the dialer does not appear, tap the Dialer icon.

3. Tap YES. The device will restart and initiate Hands Free Activation.

4.  After the device restarts it will automatically perform Configuring Service.

• Register device with the network

• Update roaming settings

• Check for latest firmware

5. Once the Configuration Service is complete, tap OK.

6. The network settings have been reset, and the device is now re-activated.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Having same issue can't answer phone but I can make phone calls.. ..it was working fine before I updated the software...so that might be the culprit....sux...back to my s5  i guess

Wizard

Has nothing to do with the Update its either a app or setting on the phone or it's just not configured on the nework correctly. 

Wizard

You might try this as well... 

Let's try doing a network reset. Please follow the steps below:

1. From the home screen, tap Phone. Note: The device must be in a Sprint coverage area to complete the programming and activation process. To verify Sprint Coverage, visit the Sprint website at coverage.sprint.com.

2. Dial ##72786#. Note: If the dialer does not appear, tap the Dialer icon.

3. Tap YES. The device will restart and initiate Hands Free Activation.

4.  After the device restarts it will automatically perform Configuring Service.

• Register device with the network

• Update roaming settings

• Check for latest firmware

5. Once the Configuration Service is complete, tap OK.

6. The network settings have been reset, and the device is now re-activated.

Journeyman

figured it out it was my google voice...disconnected ..now working!! 

Journeyman

Wi-Fi calling DOES NOT WORK w/ the S8 on cuurent S/W build. I reccomend getting an Airrave or Magic Box. Also, disable Wi-Fi calling as a feature so you can get HD voice back.

#WelcomeToTheNowNetwork
GrandMaster

https://community.sprint.com/t5/Samsung-Galaxy-S8-8/Samsung-Galaxy-S8-S8-SM-G955U-G950USQU1AQDE/m-p/...
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat