cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Note 5 Invalid Sim Card

Journeyman

Galaxy Note 5 Invalid Sim Card

My fiancee's contract had ended and she paid off her Galaxy Note 5 at the Sprint store and they told her it would be unlocked automatically and after that she wouldn't have to do anything else. Long story short, this was not the case and she is getting an invalid sim card notification. We verified it is not an issue with the sim card or with phone compatibility. We have called in multiple times and been told the phone is unlocked, but after factory resetting the phone, network resetting, etc... the invalid sim card notification still appears. 

Looking at the sprint community it looks like Jeffrey was able to figure out that the phone might need to be reactivated for a short while for the unlock to be pushed through? Can someone please help us with this quickly? She's been without service for 15 days already.

11 REPLIES 11
Sprint Social Care

Re: Galaxy Note 5 Invalid Sim Card

Greenrain

We'd love to have the opportunity to assist you in order to address your concerns. Please reply to my Private Message as soon as possible.

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I am having the exact same issue. Any help would be really appreciated.
Journeyman

I'm not really sure if this will work for you, but my fiancee ended up going with Ting which is able to use the Sprint SIM card that is already in the phone. Good luck. I know that Sprint customer service is a real nightmare.
Sprint Social Care

thatkidnamd,

Hey! Thank you for contacting us. Let's take a closer look into this matter, please check your inbox, I've sent you a private message.

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

It is sad that I have requested my phone unlocked by Sprint for 8 days  straight and as of today nothing, I was first told it takes 48 hours, then they could only give me a code that did not work. I have spoken to 15 people with no resolution. Still receiving invalid SIM card and msg to contact CS. I have also sent a letter to the CEO Marcelo Claire concerning this matter.

GrandMaster

how long ago did you cancel/end your line?
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Unfortunately, the Invalid SIM card/SIM card removed errors plagued my Note5 after about 2 years as well... After getting a new SIM card, experiencing the same issues repeatedly and even attempting to modify the sim card with a piece of paper to ensure the card fits snugly against the pin contacts, I ended up ditching it for the Note8. Sadly, I believe it's a physical hardware issue and since the phone was out of warranty I got rid of it. Great phone otherwise though...

GrandMaster

the OP is wanting to unlock the device to allow it onto a different carrier..they are getting the invalid sim card error due to it not being unlocked domestically yet.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

It's well known these phones (Note5) are plagued with Invalid SIM issues, could be related to this thread as well:

https://community.sprint.com/t5/Samsung-Galaxy-Note5-Board/Note-5-sim-card-error/td-p/354566

GrandMaster

yeah that part i remember..they are getting the error when they put in a different carriers sim card..the sprint one still works. they just need a domestic unlock kicked to their device
Highlighted
Journeyman

After an OTA ruined my Note 4 in 2017, I was given a new Note 5 because sprint tech support was "unable to resolve the current issue" after having my Note 4 for almost 2 weeks. That was annoying to me because sprint had informed me that there were NO MORE Note 5 available which I had asked for when the Note 4 first became non-functional. Well and good. Then about 6 months later I get the "invalid sim card" error. Sprint exchanged the sim card and my note 5 performed well for the next 6 to 7 months. In the last 3 to 4 weeks the Note 5 began demonstrating the EXACT same behavior as before. The ##72786# procedure went well and the phone preformed well for all of 20 minutes. I have just left the local sprint tech support store with a LG Tribute 5. Oh Joy! My cup runneth over! <note heavy use of sarcasm> A new sim card will get you by for some months, but it will start to fail as well. 

The joy of owning Sprint + Samsung technology, ie, there aint much 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat