cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S10 SD Card Issue

Journeyman

Galaxy S10 SD Card Issue

Screenshot_20190310-084711_Device care.jpgScreenshot_20190310-084632_Settings.jpg

The above photos show my new S10 SD Card storage card has very minimal items transferred there, but on the only other app I attempted to transfer shows there is no more space available.  What is the remedy for this issue.  Had the same issue after the "Pie" update on my S9.  New phone and new SD Card. Have re-formatted, mounted and unmounted and re-started to no avail. 

15 REPLIES 15
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Galaxy S10 SD Card Issue

Howdy Sup9. It looks like this phone is set to save to the internal memory. I would suggest changing the settings so items are saved to the memory card. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Highlighted
Journeyman

That's what I'm trying to do. Capture was after selecting the "Change" to assign the SD Card.  It worked on the other apps that are allowed to be transferred. Only appeared after the "Pie" update came out.

Just to clearify, the AAA app is the only one you're having trouble getting to save to the SD card? 

If so have you cleared the cache and history? 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

Yes, at this time.

Just to clarify, do you follow the steps bellow: 

1. From a Home screen, tap the Apps icon Applications icon (located in the upper-right).
  2. From the Apps tab, tap My Files.
  3. Tap sdcard0.
  4. Select an option (e.g., Images, Ringtones, etc.)
  5. Select and hold the preferred file(s).
  6. Drag the file(s) to the extSdCard folder (located on the left).

If so, are you receiving an error? or Is one of steps missing? 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

GrandMaster

the dev for that app might have to make it compatible again with Pie. might be a tad behind update wise and is no longer allowing it until the devs make the update to allow it again.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Wizard

Remember the S10 Ships with Pie already on it so the only update that's out for it is the Feb Security update. 

GrandMaster

ah..forgot about that..either way this is something the dev for that app must figure out..the OP might try contacting the dev of the app for assistance on this one. not a whole lot Sprint can do with this one.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Wizard

Just a thought people might check the format of the SD Cards some run on FAT32 but I think exFAT is what your suppose to use..  

GrandMaster

i always just toss it into the phone and reformat my SD cards that way so whatever its needing to run is done by the phone lol.

Journeyman

Yes, at this time it is the only app with an issue. I started at the bottom of my apps with the ones that could be transferred. Two days ago, I had the same issue but I started at the top of the apps.  And it was the bottom or last app that would not transfer.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat