cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S10+ Slow Data speeds

GrandMaster

Re: Galaxy S10+ Slow Data speeds

it isnt the bands that are the issue. its how the phone is trying to read them/flip between them that is the issue.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

disabling bands is not a universal fix. it didn't work for me and i attempted on 2 new phones. 

at the end of the day a new phone should not have to be troubleshooted and mickey moused by the general population. especially on a device that costs over $1K. 

I've returned both phones. i'll wait until both Sprint and Samsung get their crap together. 

Journeyman

Well, I have a Galaxy S10 plus but my wife has a Note 9, which is not that new anymore and I found that the fix had the same results on her phone too. I ran speed tests and once band 25 and 41 got disabled the LTE started to work much better.
Journeyman

My Note 8 works perfectly without disabling anything.
GrandMaster

in your case for her Note 9 there might actually be a network issue in that neck of the woods. you might have an agent do a check into that one as well..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

vanostav61 - drop us a PM and we can get some additional information to troubleshoot on the issues with that Note 9

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Journeyman

add me to the list of users with no data. 

sprint tech support is no help, Samsung is even more confused. a $1k that doesn't work once you disconnect WiFi! 

FWIW, I have an factory unlocked S10, so I popped in a Verizon sim, works perfectly. SO SPRINT NEEDS TO FIX THIS!

GrandMaster

its how the phone is trying to read their network..not how their network is working on the phone.

if it were the network then the S10/10+ wouldnt be the only devices running into this.

you would have been running into this same problem with your previous device as well..

Journeyman

On sprint network, the phone only connects to band 41, 25 and 26. With those bands off, you get no internet.  

Using Verizon sim, it connects at other brands. Sprint and Samsung are both to blame imo

GrandMaster

thats because without those bands there isnt a data signal. well i mean you can try to switch to CDMA only but that reverts you back to 3G only..which might not be to bad of an idea for now since technically 3G isnt used all that much anymore of you really think about it.

its something to do with how the phone is trying to read one or more of those bands..also keep in mind that this phone has the new esim if im remembering right..which is pretty new tech so the problem might lie there as well with how its working with that and the bands. only other phone i can think of that has the new esim is the newest apple phones just released semi recently.

Highlighted
Journeyman

My wife has iPhone XR, and I have S10 plus.  

Both phone has the same issue. 

Perhaps both Samsung and Apple screw up on their designs... but wait, that doesn't make sense.  The likely-hood for the cellphone makers screw up the design together is very slim. 

I am not the judge, and I think smart people can figure out. 

Rather playing the blame game, I would hope Sprint can come up with a work around.  Maybe Sprint should set voice and MMS to priority for now, so that we can use the basic function of the phone.   The Hulu video service, should be limited to give the LTE equipment a break. 

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Howdy vanostav61. I'll be more than happy to assist. I sent you a PM to gather a smidge of info. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat