cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S10+ Slow Data speeds

Journeyman

Re: Galaxy S10+ Slow Data speeds

The issue with the Note 9 is the same as with the S10+
All bands enabled the connection is unstable, the speed test takes about 30 sec to start, download seems to go OK but upload often completely fails to run or goes very slow like 0.02mb/sec

Disabled Band 41, the connection seemed to be just a bit better.
Disabled Band 41 and 25 the speed test started to get ready very quickly, ping timeout quick the download and upload speeds are stable around 2-5 mb/sec
Band 26 alone is not very fast but is fairly stable and I have those 2mb/sec all the time.

I tried running also running for instance only on Band 41 or band 25 alone and the connection was bad.

The only thing that the S10+ and the Note 9 have in common is the latest version of Android. (Android Pie)

GrandMaster

from what i have been seeing disable band 25 only..leave the others alone.

try to avoid disabling multiple since that doesnt really eliminate which one the issue is coming in on..but only cuts off other possibilities for trying to pull in data.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I just did a bunch of tests again.
41 is unstable
25 wont even show LTE
26 stable 2 / 2mb per sec

GrandMaster

you tested them one at a time turning it back on before turning the next one off?  actually try this..disable 25...go back out to your main screen then update your profile and prl..see if that might refresh how its reading the other two bands.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Yes, I tried every band alone with others disabled. I also rebooted the phone every time enabled/disabled bands.
From my observation, updating the profile restores all band defaults re enabling all bands.

Journeyman

Exact same problem for me I hate it.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Did some searching on the Band 41.  It was supposed to be a break through technology (HPUE) that give users high speed data (if their phones support it).   

Samsung S10 & Apple iphone XR should work (declared in some websites, all are public information).   The two phone we have get no data even the phone have 4/5 out of  5 bar of LTE signal.  I am not convinced the problem is from the phones.  

Here is some good reference input from Sprint. 

"I’ve seen a few threads in here regarding Data failures on the S10 devices. Network Ops is investigating and believe the issue lies in the provisioning. Fix ETR is not available, but I did want the people having issues know that the issue is acknowledged"

Souce: 

https://piunikaweb.com/2019/03/18/sprint-galaxy-s10-data-lte-connectivity-issues-officially-acknowle...

My recommendation to the sprint tech support team:

Stop wasting people's time or your own time by asking end-users keep resetting their S10 or iPhone Xr phones.  Just tell people Sprint network issue is being worked.  Fix for the problem will take time to develop. 

My recommendation to sprint  user with data problem on S10 and Iphone Xr:

When you ask from help from the support team, you should ask when Sprint will roll out the fix for their Band 41 and band 25 network problem.  (Note:  Resetting phone can be a short term solution, and more than likely, you will be back to step 1 after you hand up the phone with the tech support.  Or, you should keep you phone operating on Band 26).

Peace. 

Wizard

For those having to disable bands have you tired another S10 to see if it still have connection and data speeds issues?? If not try that first if you continue to have data speed issues and connection issues then a trouble ticket should be put in for that specific area to have the network checked. Overall this sounds more like something is not configured properly in those specific areas which Again will vary from place to place state to state.. 

Journeyman

People need data the most is when they are away from home or work-place.  

I am not a big fan spending lot of time calling Sprint support to reset the phone and open ticket each time when I need the data. 

Wizard

@newbie_sprint  Have you tried another S10 or are you still using the same one that you have always had issues with?? 

GrandMaster

how exactly would this be a network issue when other devices around them are working perfectly fine on the same bands?

@newbie_sprint wrote:

Did some searching on the Band 41.  It was supposed to be a break through technology (HPUE) that give users high speed data (if their phones support it).   

Samsung S10 & Apple iphone XR should work (declared in some websites, all are public information).   The two phone we have get no data even the phone have 4/5 out of  5 bar of LTE signal.  I am not convinced the problem is from the phones.  

Here is some good reference input from Sprint. 

"I’ve seen a few threads in here regarding Data failures on the S10 devices. Network Ops is investigating and believe the issue lies in the provisioning. Fix ETR is not available, but I did want the people having issues know that the issue is acknowledged"

Souce: 

https://piunikaweb.com/2019/03/18/sprint-galaxy-s10-data-lte-connectivity-issues-officially-acknowle...

My recommendation to the sprint tech support team:

Stop wasting people's time or your own time by asking end-users keep resetting their S10 or iPhone Xr phones.  Just tell people Sprint network issue is being worked.  Fix for the problem will take time to develop. 

My recommendation to sprint  user with data problem on S10 and Iphone Xr:

When you ask from help from the support team, you should ask when Sprint will roll out the fix for their Band 41 and band 25 network problem.  (Note:  Resetting phone can be a short term solution, and more than likely, you will be back to step 1 after you hand up the phone with the tech support.  Or, you should keep you phone operating on Band 26).

Peace. 

Wizard

Yeah I think its a hit or miss there could be just a few devices that have some issues communicating with the network to where others might not. It could be a number of things with the device itself as far as some hardware components might not be the same or just a bad batch. Which then it would matter on the network side then but if people have tried a second device it could be something on the network if they continue to have them.  But also even after getting a second device and they continue to have issues then it could be also just that specific location this is why I advise folks to always try other locations as well even after they get a second device.  Overall I think this is just a small segment of devices having some issues nothing wide spread if it was it would be for sure more Nationally noticeable.  

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat