cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S10+ Slow Data speeds

Journeyman

Re: Galaxy S10+ Slow Data speeds

Perhaps some people in some area have that problem.   We are the unfortunate ones obviously.  Let's just hope that no one would get into a situation when there is no data when he/she need it the most.  

BTW.  The tech support from the sprint could not figure out in our previous calls for both iphone XR and Samsung S10.   I was not convinced the new phones were bad.  

Highlighted
Journeyman

I did not use anther S10, but tried on my wife's iphone XR. Same issue. 

Work with the tech support on the phone, problem was not resolved. 

Journeyman

I had the same problem.

Ask sprint to open another tickets.  

The more ticket opened, the more visibility this problem will get from the high-paid official of Sprint----I think their bonuses are tied to the performance of the services.   They care about us in a very different way. 

Wizard

@newbie_sprint  Have you tried a second S10 or are you still on your original one just curios if another device was still having the same issues. 

Wizard

Yeah my guess with the connectivity issues that Samsung will be looking more into it so hopefully they will have some kind of updated information out for everyone. Smiley Happy 

Journeyman

UPDATE: In reference to the chatter about bands I have been seeing; It has been nearly 2 weeks since disabling Band 41 only and I've had NO problems since.  Band 25 is what I seem to be connected to the most and with very good speeds in most areas around here.  Still waiting for a proper fix...

Journeyman

Band 41 and Band 25 are not working in my area.  

Band 26 is fine.  

Journeyman

I just did another ##72786# reset on the S10+

The phone will have data/network if band 41 is ON.  

Band 25/26 are now working---- It's better than Band 26 only for the past two weeks.

Band 41 is using TDD LTE,  While Band 25/26 are FDD LTE.  Two different technologies.   Sprint focus too much on the down-link speed on band 41 by allocating too much signal transmitting time on their radio.  In other words, the up-link performance suffered a great deal (in term of both speed and sensitivity).   If the network tower Band 41 radio is too busy transmitting signal, the radio can be "deaf" to some end user's phone signals.   Sprint advertised greater data speed on their band 41 LTE band, and dropping download speed is like slapping on its own face.   I am not sure if they are motivated to do it for Samsung phone users.   Things can change if Iphone market share shrinks. 

Samsung can get their phone (S10/S10+) signal beacon signal stronger to be "heard" by the Sprint Band 41 LTE radio -- as long as the signal stay below the FCC (SAR signal limit--- safety requirement).  Or take a performance hit (in throughput speed) by extend the beacon signal duty-cycle.  I think it's probably relatively easier for Samsung to do some changes on the phone.  

As a consumer, I am on the losing end if both Sprint and Samsung are finger pointing at each other and do nothing.  I think after the term ends, I will switch back to one of the top three service providers.   It's my personal preference, and I don't mean to upset any Sprint loyal customers.  

Guys,  excuse me for not speaking things in "English". 

Reference information for Samsung S10/S10+ supporting channels. 

• FDD LTE: Band 1/2/3/4/5/7/8/12/13/17/18/ 19/20/25/26/28/29/30/32/66/71
  • TDD LTE: Band 34/38/39/40/41/46
  • TD-SCDMA: Band 34/39
  • UMTS(WCDMA): Band 1/2/4/5/8/9/19
  • CDMA: BC0/BC1
  • GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz

Journeyman

One thing for sure is the problem for me, when I disable band, 41, 25, 26 I'm stuck on 1xrt and not even wcdma speed. 

It's also very location specific, at home I have zero signal, driving around, my signal comes in and out. more out than in though. This is all within a 2 miles radius. 

What are our options if it continues not to work? 

Journeyman

You should never disable all bands, you need to keep at least one band enabled at all times.

Journeyman

Say that to all the folks that disabled and had success.
Journeyman

What band do you receive LTE on if you disable them all?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat