cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S10+ Slow Data speeds

Journeyman

Re: Galaxy S10+ Slow Data speeds

This is the problem, it seems only band 41, 25 and 26 are working on this phone. Those are all problematic bands for me. Disable all those bands and the phone becomes a nice door stop.

Beside data, I'm also having issues with dropping calls. 

Journeyman

For dropping calls make sure that Voice over LTE (VoLTE) is disabled, and try enabling BAND 26 only and see how it will work for you.

Journeyman

@vanostav61 wrote:
For dropping calls make sure that Vooce over LTE is disabled, and try enabling BAND 26 only and see how it will work for you.

I only disable band 41 as it's the most problematic (but also the fastest when it does work) drop calls galore still

Journeyman

Do you have Voice over LTE enabled or not?
Journeyman

@vanostav61 wrote:
Do you have Voice over LTE enabled or not?

No, it's quite obvious not to use that when data is crap. 

Journeyman

Try killing band 25 too, then reboot the phone and run a speed test and see if that'l make any difference. As I said before, I am running on band 26 alone now and feeling just fine. I even play online games on my phone with no problems, low latency and all is good. The speed is not too fast though but it's always there when I need it. I have no issue with dropping phone calls after I disabled VoLTE.

Journeyman

I've done that, it's also very location specific. Disabling all bands only result in absolutely zero data. With all those 3 bands disabled, the phone doesn't even want to try to connect to another band. I've tried messing with band priority with no luck either. 

For a few weeks now, this is what I've tried...

1. Disable band 41, do my normal routine, go places that I normal go and monitor my connectivity

2. Disable band 26, repeat routine in step 1

3. Disable band 25, repreat routine

As I'm disabling each band, I don't turn on the prevoius disabled bands. 

For me, keeping band 25 and 26 on make sense since both bands provided coverage at more location than band 41. With all the bands on, band 41 takes priority most of the time, shows connected on LTE with a couple bars of signal but no internet. Where I notice it works best is when I'm at a stop light where there's a sprint corporate store at the corner. How ironic is that right? 

FWIW, I was at a family member's house who have the magic box, to my dismay, I had absolutely no signal. 

Typing this message as we speak in my home office, I'm connected to Band 25 with -120dBm, that's as good keeping your phone in a metal box. 

Wizard

It sounds like a update will be out soon so hopefully that will clear things up for those having issues.

GrandMaster

im almost positive the Magic Box relays band 41..which wouldnt help in your case.

@dbvu wrote:

I've done that, it's also very location specific. Disabling all bands only result in absolutely zero data. With all those 3 bands disabled, the phone doesn't even want to try to connect to another band. I've tried messing with band priority with no luck either. 

For a few weeks now, this is what I've tried...

1. Disable band 41, do my normal routine, go places that I normal go and monitor my connectivity

2. Disable band 26, repeat routine in step 1

3. Disable band 25, repreat routine

As I'm disabling each band, I don't turn on the prevoius disabled bands. 

For me, keeping band 25 and 26 on make sense since both bands provided coverage at more location than band 41. With all the bands on, band 41 takes priority most of the time, shows connected on LTE with a couple bars of signal but no internet. Where I notice it works best is when I'm at a stop light where there's a sprint corporate store at the corner. How ironic is that right? 

FWIW, I was at a family member's house who have the magic box, to my dismay, I had absolutely no signal. 

Typing this message as we speak in my home office, I'm connected to Band 25 with -120dBm, that's as good keeping your phone in a metal box. 

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Wizard

Make sure to grab the March update that just got released to see if helps or not if not then I would look at resetting the SIM or trying a totally different SIM. If those do not help then look at doing a swap out if individuals continue to have problems then those specific areas need to be look at for network issues. 

Journeyman

@ShipWreck  looking at reditt, twitter, other forums and my own experience shows that this update hasn't fixed any of the issues. Anyone at sprint can you tell if this update was meant as the fix for our s10 plus data issues? Or was this just the usual security update?

Highlighted
GrandMaster

no this was purely a security patch only.

if it included anything else it would have been mentioned near the part talking about the security update.

the below stuff is just saying what a update could include..not what it actually included.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat