cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S10+ drops calls

Journeyman

Re: Galaxy S10+ drops calls

@kab0025 wrote:

funny but I did the network reset right after the issues started and it not only didn't help it seemed to get worse. So I think I'll leave well enough alone unless it gets so bad I have no choice but to try again

Hate to lay down bad news, but you'll need to get that S10 repaired or replaced to resolve your issues. I received my S10+ on the exact same date, 3/22/19. It lasted 3 weeks before it warmed up and died abruptly, never powering on again. My second S10+ seems to be fine. Since you're nowhere near a store, your only option is opening up a ticket with Samsung, and possibly convincing them to send you a working replacement. Then you return your defective phone to them once the replacement arrives. It'll take some persuasion to get them to agree to that, but you can at least give it a shot.

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Thank you Ga9978 for your advice and sharing your experience 💛🖤

Journeyman

Sadly I figured I was in for a replacement. Like so many others the darn phone worked great for about a month then the issues started and have only gotten worse. Fortunately the replacement process seems pretty painless. I submitted a claim through Asurion as all replacements are going through the insurance carrier now. They are sending me a loaner phone along with the return mailer for my phone. When they receive my phone they will send me the new one since this particular problem seems to be irreparable. When the new phone arrives I send back the loaner. Should be easy peasy except of course for the headache of setting up the new phone!  No deductibles, no charges though I did have to provide my credit card information which will only be charged if I happen to break the loaner since that's not covered by insurance. No activation fees either for swapping out the multiple devices between the loaner and the new phone when it arrives.   I back up my phone religiously so I'm not too concerned with running into problems setting up the new one when it arrives, I just have to remember to take out the SD card before I send it in or I'm sure I'd never see that again!

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

@kab0025, I agree. The back and forth and trying to remember to remove the SD is a lot of work. Here's to hoping that your replacement shows up quickly and that you're back on the road to using your phone daily without issues. Thanks for working with us. Don't hesitate to let us know if we can help with anything else. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Highlighted
Journeyman

And the saga continues... Asurion sent the loaner device and the mailer to send in My Galaxy S 10+ for replacement.  Well it's a Holiday so no point in mailing it in until tomorrow. Figured I would get it all ready to go.

Step one, back up my phone completed. Step two, activate the loaner phone before packing up my galaxy...not so much! Would you believe that despite having Sprint branding all over the phone it's not compatible with the Sprint network? Ridiculous!  Now I am waiting for Asurion to send a replacement loaner before I send in my phone plus the dud loaner they already sent.

So, I guess the phone replacement won't be going nearly as smoothly as I expected

Journeyman

Well this is getting ridiculous. It's now 6/2 and I still haven't received a working loaner phone from Asurion. So I still haven't sent in the Galaxy for replacement.   Their chat is pretty useless by the way though I've been starting every round of contact with them in chat just to have an emailed transcript for proof that I have indeed contacted them.  They always refer me to calling the repair department. The latest promise is I should have the working loaner by next Wednesday.

Somebody at some point in another topic mentioned a specific department at Sprint to contact for escalated customer service, anybody know who that is? If the loaner doesn't actually show up, and at this point I have no reason to believe it will I want to have somebody with the ability to do so reset my lease so I can just go to a Sprint retail store and get a new phone that works!  Going to a Sprint corporate store isn't an option. The only line Sprint keeps repeating is "there's no corporate store within 50 miles of your location" though nobody will tel me where the closest one actually is. 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat