cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S10+ drops calls

Journeyman

Galaxy S10+ drops calls

I am surprised I couldn't find anything about this issue here.  My phone frequently drops calls.  Like it hangs up on people all the time! I can rarely get through a call longer than a few minutes without it dropping.  Plus there's times it takes up to 30 seconds to connect an outgoing call, just says "calling" at the top of the phone screen for ages.  I am also occasionally having the issue of my phone saying I have no signal when it clearly shows full bars. So far I've been able to correct that with restarting the phone but it is a major annoyance.  Any solution other than reaching out for a replacement phone? 

29 REPLIES 29

Re: Galaxy S10+ drops calls

Hi kab0025! May I ask how long have you been having these issues with your Galaxy S10?

Journeyman

Started about 4 weeks ago and it's been getting worse.  I've had the phone  for a couple of months so if it's all the because of the known connection issues my phone was a little late to the party. Worked great for about a month then it started randomly hanging up during calls but not often enough to always blame it on the phone, until it started increasing in frequency to the point that I was positive it was my phone.

Oh wow! Sounds like a frustrating situation! Let's start by trying to do some basic troubleshooting! 

Journeyman

OK, sounds good!

Journeyman

what do you want me to try first? I'll let you know as we go if it's something I've already done

I just want to try everything possible. Can we start by updating your data profile by 

Tap the Settings icon.

Tap System updates.

Tap Update PRL.

Once the PRL update is complete, tap OK.

The PRL is now up to date.

Tap Update Profile.

Once the profile update is complete, tap OK.

Journeyman

been there done that, but I'll certainly try again! It does seem to help for awhile anyway

Oh darn. And when did you get your S10+?

Journeyman

By the time it came in it was March.  Can't remember the exact date offhand. Phone worked like a champ for a month, then it started randomly dropping/disconnecting calls and it's just getting worse. I do have VoLTE enabled and wi-fi calling disabled. I changed network settings from automatic to CDMA/LTE and that didn't really help.

I'm starting to think since the preventative software update never got pushed to my phone I am stuck in the same boat as other S10 owners with these connection issues. 

EDITED TO ADD: I looked up my receipt and I picked it up at Best Buy on 3/22/19

Okay, I see. I hate to say it, but you just might have gotten an S10 from the batch that is not correlating with the preventative update. It sounds like you have done everything possible to troubleshoot your phone.  And I am pretty sure you have already tried updating your software as well.

Journeyman

yep, I sure have. As soon as I heard a software update was in the works I started checking daily.  I understand G975U1UEU1ASD5  is the current build and I am still on the  1ASDA build.  However that build bypasses the one that supposedly fixed the issue. So it looks like I may need to file a claim for a replacement

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat