cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S7 Edge UICC not working (error 407)

Journeyman

Galaxy S7 Edge UICC not working (error 407)

Got an email from sprint saying my S7 was unlocked but when i try putting a sim card from another carrier it wont accept it. I no longer have sprint service, i try pressing the UICC button but i get an error. I've tried everything, i dont know what else to do . Already called sprint several times and no help, they keep telling me its unlocked. Please help.

25 REPLIES 25

Re: Galaxy S7 Edge UICC not working (error 407)

You've come to the right place, you're in good hands. Since you received the email, (which is good) the device is in fact unlocked. When you placed the SIM card in from the other carrier, did you perform a network reset? If not, try putting in the new card again and then dial ##72786#. Let me know if that helps.

AnnGee77
 Social Care Princess ?

?Lover of Everything Magical ?
Please give glitter coated Kudos and crown thee with Accepted Solutions.
Journeyman

Thanks for the reply, i did try it but it didn’t work. I keep getting invalid sim card. Please help.

Wizard

I'm going to send you a private message so I can check the IEMI of the phone. See you there.

Penguin
Social Care Rockstar
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are Welcome
Journeyman

I am in the same boat. Called sprint a couple of time. I was told my phone was already unlocked. I switch over to a new carrier to find my uicc still lock to sprint only sims. They have me factory reset, dial ##72786#, update profile of the device, turning off and turning on my device. Still showing me that I have an invalid sim card whenever I put in the new sim card. I am out of option and hope for this service. I would like some help if possible.

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

When a unlock request is submitted, the phone must be prepared to receive the signal. Our system will say that it's unlocked as soon as the signal is sent. This doesn't mean that the phone successfully received the signal. I can submit the ticket again. The phone will need to have the Sprint SIM in it, connected to WiFi, and powered on. Once the phone is set up, send me a private message with your name, your contact phone number, and the IMEI of the phone. Also, was this phone on your Sprint account? If not, where did you purchase the phone?

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

I send you a private message.

Wizard

Good morning. I'm looking into this for you. I will respond to your PM.

QueenK Social Care 

Be Original, Not a Copy. 
Your opinion matters! So feel free to show someand accept the solution once the issue is fixed!
Journeyman

Hi,

I am also facing same issue. I have my contract over with sprint and asked for unlocking of my phone. Though customer care confirmed the device is unlocked (both domestic and international) from sprint but I still see it is locked and cannot use any other SIM. Under Settings -> System Updates -> UICC unlock, it says "Your Device is locked to Sprint SIMs only". If I try to press this option, then it gives error as 407. 

Please help as I have tried multiple times calling customer care and as per them it is already unlocked.. I can provide details of phone and IMEI number as needed with screenshot of the problems.

Wizard

Good morning @himanshu_gupta1. When the unlock was being performed, did you keep the phone on at all times, on WiFi, and with the Sprint sim card in it? If not, the unlock wouldn't have worked.

KRow32Cheerleading Under Cover Cheerleader 
Don't worry, be happy!
Spread positivity in the community and while you are at it,
give me a kudo! Go Team!
Journeyman

hi KRow32,

Probably not. I am not very much sure as I was travelling.. What could be next step to fix it? 

Wizard

Okay, I see. In order for you to get your phone unlocked, I would need to submit a ticket to do so. Are you travelling now?

KRow32Cheerleading Under Cover Cheerleader 
Don't worry, be happy!
Spread positivity in the community and while you are at it,
give me a kudo! Go Team!
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat