cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S7 Losing LTE at Regular Intervals

Highlighted
Journeyman

Galaxy S7 Losing LTE at Regular Intervals

Hello For the past 3 or 4 days, my S7 (on Sprint) has been losing internet/data connection at regular intervals, before coming back after a couple minutes. When the internet goes down, my signal still shows as strong, it still says it's connected to LTE, everything 'looks' normal, but I can't load any webpages or actually use the data. Also, the actual duration of the intervals has been changing. The first time I timed it, they were 1h50m between drops, then later that night it was 2h50m between. Yesterday it was 1h30m between. Today it was 40m between drops for 5 straight times, and now it's switched to 30m between losses. The intervals are not exactly on the mark, but they've all been within 1 - 2 minutes of the expected time. I tether to my phone as my only internet connection, so this has been extremely annoying. Prior to this I've had 5 months of flawless service on Sprint. The only change I've made around the time this started was doing a system update, but I don't remember if I did the update before the problems or in response to the first time I lost connection. I've tried searching around the internet, but I haven't found anyone having anything even remotely similar to this. Any ideas?
Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Journeyman

Re: Galaxy S7 Losing LTE at Regular Intervals

Forgot to add-- I've already updated the PRL and the data profile yesterday. No change in behavior.
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

First let's check and see if there's an outage where you're having these issues. What zip code are you in?

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Journeyman

21838. To be a little more specific but not too specific, near Holland Crossing Rd.

I am not seeing a tower down or anything. Depending where you are on the holland road area, there are some more weaker spots. It also looks pretty wooden area. Trees can impact data signal as well. 

Journeyman

Sure, but I'm not moving around the area. All of these issues are in my house, which is the same place I've been since I've had Sprint. Nothing about my location has changed since this issues started.

Can you send me a PM with you address? This way I can narrow down what tower you are using. 

Journeyman

I am still having issues with my LTE. My billing cycle ended on July 28, am I really STILL deprioritized? Also, I have learned that all of my LTE issues are tied to one specific cell tower. If I go on my back porch, I can see in OpenSignal (and other connection apps) that I switch towers. On this other tower, everything works perfectly, just like it used to. Then when I go back inside, after 5 - 20 minutes it switches back to the original tower (OpenSignal can't even retrieve location info for this tower btw) and LTE completely stops working. I've researched this issue elsewhere over the weekend and I've seen people saying it could be a backhaul issue on the problem tower since voice and text work fine but data is 100% broken.

Howdy aaurenss. After looking into this area coverage, and the towers appear to be good. I'd like to take a deeper look into this for you. I sent you a PM so I can gather a smidge of info. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat