cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S8 LTE connection issues similar to S10+ issues

Highlighted
Journeyman

Galaxy S8 LTE connection issues similar to S10+ issues

I'm seeing an issue almost identical on my S8 after getting the Pie update when comparing to the ongoing S10+ issues reported in https://community.sprint.com/t5/Samsung/Update-3-25-19-Samsung-Galaxy-S10-LTE-ESM-X-EMM-13-APN-X-ISP...

I'm hoping the same faulty firmware isn't present in the S8 update, but it might be possible. A warning to S8 owners that you may want to hold off on updating or risk spotty 3G coverage and/or this error:

ESM - X EMM -13 APN - n.ispsn

My S8 will only connect to data over CDMA/3G and I often see the signal indicator indicate there's no connection whatsoever. I did not have this problem this morning, before I updated.

316 REPLIES 316
Highlighted
Journeyman

Same issues here.  I tried doing a factory reset and it didn't didn't help

Highlighted

Howdy davewilhite1. I sent you a PM to gather more info. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Highlighted

Exactly the same issues here, if any data then only 3g or roaming. Went through all the network resetting but nothing works
Highlighted

Howdy Mschlichting. I sent you a PM to gather a smidge more info. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Highlighted

@Katey88_Sprint wrote:

That would be a weird one. I know with update it can run my battery pretty much dry. Have you placed the phone on the charge to see if this is the case?

yes i have tries this and it turns on but stays on the Samsung

Highlighted

Hm do you know if you are close to a repair store? Without the device turning on I would want this looked at in person. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Installed the latest update a few days ago (Android Pie) on my S8 and have run into issues.

So far what I've noticed

1) WiFI calling randomly announces "location timeout"

2) LTE sometimes disconnects

3) WiFI calling sometimes won't startup/connect

4) occasional data issues while on LTE (apps can't get to the network

I didn't have these issues with Oreo and would like to get an idea of when to expect a patch release?

On the plus side the MMS issues I was having under Oreo seem to have been resolved.

-TL

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having a very similar connectivity issue with my S8. I updated it on Thursday, before the update I had no connectivity issues with LTE. After the update my mobile data connection cut out all together. I could still send and receive phone calls, but that was it. I changed the mobile network and the only one that works is CDMA, and I get 3G. There has to be some issue with this update. I hope a patch of some sort comes out soon, I do not want to trade my phone in yet and based on what everyone else has said, other resets and such do not work (I did also try resetting the network connection, but it did nothing). 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint had an upgrade the other day and ever since then, I've had problem after problem after problem,, when I NEVER had any before. I've had to reboot over 10 times in the past 2 days. Thank you Sprint.

The phone signal drops entirely. Then starts the lame messages. The phone says I'm roaming, I'm told I have no service, I'm told Mobile Network State Disconnected, or Out of Service, or Unknown Mobile Data Network Type, and other messages to the same,

When are you going to fix this issue please?

Highlighted

Hi Kathryn. Shoot me a PM when you have a moment and we can get some additional info and open up a ticket with our tech support team to do some deeper research into this for you. 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Highlighted

Hello. There are a few other customers having similar issues to what you're experiencing since the last update. Please try the following steps and let us know if this helps anything. If not, we can look into getting a ticket opened with our tech support team for you.

1. Once at Home screen
  2. Press the Home screen, drag from bottom to top to open up apps.  Tap Settings.
  3. Tap System Updates > Update Profile.
  4. Customer sees Update Profile - The network is preparing your services. Please wait.
    • Do not interrupt this process
    • If screen goes into sleep mode, you may tap screen to wake up phone.
  5. Do not press Cancel or hold down End key as it will interrupt process.
  6. Once complete, phone displays: The Profile has been updated. Press OK to continue.
  7. Press the Home key

After that, try dialing ##72786#.

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Highlighted

Cat, I am not the only s8 out there in limbo. I don't see/or retrieve your PM? where to find this?
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat