cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S8 LTE connection issues similar to S10+ issues

Journeyman

Re: Galaxy S8 LTE connection issues similar to S10+ issues

Removing the update doesn't fix it. I went to a Sprint store yesterday and the tech did a full reset (not the official term) on my phone. Basically reverted it back to Android 8. That didn't help. He said they've had some success with doing that. Unfortunately, mine was unsuccessful. 

Journeyman

@TriMike wrote:

Removing the update doesn't fix it. I went to a Sprint store yesterday and the tech did a full reset (not the official term) on my phone. Basically reverted it back to Android 8. That didn't help. He said they've had some success with doing that. Unfortunately, mine was unsuccessful. 

I can only guess but I suspect that the upgrade is two parts, the Android operating system (Pie and the Samsung UI) and separately the transceiver (I think they call it the modem) software that does the negotiation with the cell network and whatever downgrade that was supposedly done just downgraded the operating system and not the transceiver software.

Again just a guess and maybe completely off the mark.

-TL

GrandMaster

at this point its possible.

keep in mind i do not work for Sprint however i have been assisting for a VERY long time..and to me..i think it might something between the Pie update and the Ui change..the Ui change on itself is a pretty big deal..add to that the combo of Pie and whatever things they added in for Sprint.

i know another device had a pretty decent change up like that before..i think it was the HTC One..or maybe the original Evo..but they did it on its own then another update brought in the newest software upgrade..it went pretty flawless..but they were also separate from each other and not combined. for some reason the combo deal keeps tickling at the back of my head with this one.

@Time_Lord wrote:

@TriMike wrote:

I can only guess but I suspect that the upgrade is two parts, the Android operating system (Pie and the Samsung UI) and separately the transceiver (I think they call it the modem) software that does the negotiation with the cell network and whatever downgrade that was supposedly done just downgraded the operating system and not the transceiver software.

Again just a guess and maybe completely off the mark.

-TL

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

im actually glad you ran this as if it were a dealership..because a dealership can not up and announce that there is a defect either..only the manufacturer can..and THEN you end up with a letter from the dealership by way of the manufacturer to get it brought back in to fix it.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Agreed. A company the size of Sprint that makes the huge profits it does off each of its subscribers has NO EXCUSE for this kind of shoddy coding. Frankly, for this to be an issue affecting so many still a week later is disgraceful. You're basically treating us like beta users.

How about a refund, Sprint? Seriously. You owe your customers. You know how to get in touch with us... Or does your phone not work either? >:-(

Journeyman

didn't work
Journeyman

I guess I'm not doing a good enough job explaining myself because you're missing my point. I used to work for a dealership (it was boats and not cars but that's irrelevant) and we never denied a problem or acted like we didn't know about it. We also never told the customer to contact the manufacturer because the problem was our problem. In fact, there were many times where we reached out to the manufacturer, on the customer's behalf, to find a resolution. There were even times where we made repairs at our expense just to keep the customer happy. 

That customer was our customer. They spent their money with us and we did everything we could to ensure that they continued to spend money with us. If the issue was not something that we could resolve quickly (whether temporarily or permanently), we would do anything we could to satisfy the customer. If there was not a solution available, we would stay in constant communication with the customer keeping them up to date on situation. We would even contact them to let them know there was nothing to update. 

As the "dealership", Sprint is dropping the ball. Whenever I reach out to them, they don't know there is an issue. Once they finally admit there is an issue, they tell me there is nothing they can do. They tell me it's Samsung's problem and not theirs. There have been zero updates about what is being done to fix the problem. 

The problem may be Samsung's. And the solution needs to come from them. But Sprint needs to take some ownership of this because it's their customers being affected. Sprint needs to put some pressure on Samsung to find a resolution quickly. Communication would be nice. 

I don't care who comes up with a solution. If what you are saying is true then the bigger problem is that Sprint and Samsung don't work together. I guess that explains why there are multiple issues. 

Journeyman

Sprint's response to all of this is -

It's not our problem. Why are you upset? You still have 3G.

Journeyman

Sprint's response to all of this is -

It's not our problem. Why are you upset? You still have 3G. 

GrandMaster

https://community.sprint.com/t5/Phone-Device-Support-Library/UPDATE-Samsung-Galaxy-S8-quot-No-LTE-qu...

not really sure where you are getting that they are saying it isnt their problem..nor confirming that there is in fact a issue

Journeyman

@fireguy_6364 wrote:

https://community.sprint.com/t5/Phone-Device-Support-Library/UPDATE-Samsung-Galaxy-S8-quot-No-LTE-qu...

not really sure where you are getting that they are saying it isnt their problem..nor confirming that there is in fact a issue

This is funny. You've been saying that this is Samsung's problem and not Sprints. That is exactly what Sprint has been saying as well. That's where I'm getting the "it's not our problem".

I have called about this and some with someone through the chat. I know of 3 other people who have communicated with Sprint about this issue. Every time the Sprint rep has no idea about this issue. They take you through the same steps of dialing the ## numbers, removing sim card, resetting data, resetting phone, etc. When none of that works, they act surprised. That's where I'm getting the "not admitting there's a problem". Maybe that's just a lack of communication but that doesn't make it better. 

Lastly, that link is for a post that was out on Tuesday. It's now Friday and there had been no further communication. There is no solution offered. Instead they say, you still have 3G and wifi. It feels as if they are implying that's satisfactory and we should be happy with that. I'm not reading where Sprint is taking ownership of any of this. 

I understand. You're supporting Sprint because you don't want to lose any business. It's easy for you because this isn't affecting you. I'm paying for equipment and services that I'm not able to use properly. Sprint hasn't communicated anything to me that makes me believe this will be resolved soon. I've been told by a store tech that they can fix my phone but it will cost me $200. I've been told I can upgrade my phone (more money to Sprint). 

To be fair, Samsung hasn't been any better. They blame Sprint. Their only solution is for me to send my phone in to be repaired. But I may have to pay for the repairs, they won't know until they look at ther phone. 

This is great customer service from Sprint and Samsung. I should be happy. I am using the nation's fastest (3G) network. 

Highlighted
GrandMaster

again and i'll under line it this time .... i do not work for Sprint... i do assist in here..for quite a few years...so spotting device issues after a update comes out is by far NOT new to me..nor should it be for you...nor how updates actually roll out and if a bug is found how they are worked..at this point in your life this shouldnt be a question on whom must do what and why...or the lack of info given..until something solid is given to them they are unable to really say anything other than what is in that blog..until info is passed down the chain from Samsung to the group working with them on Sprints side to figure this out the agents in here...as well as the ones you would call...or the ones that you chat with...will not have any additional info..heck most tier one agents you speak to will more than likely not have any info on this because technically it has yet to be announced by Samsung to be a full blown issue.

same as the S10 series issues..they can only say so much until new info is passed down the chain to them.  the agents in all the named above are NOT the ones working on this with Samsung..so badgering them for info isnt going to help. they will post updates as soon as they receive it.

posted from my LG G6 over Sprints network using LTE because LG didnt botch my phone

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat