cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S8 LTE connection issues similar to S10+ issues

Highlighted
Journeyman

Galaxy S8 LTE connection issues similar to S10+ issues

I'm seeing an issue almost identical on my S8 after getting the Pie update when comparing to the ongoing S10+ issues reported in https://community.sprint.com/t5/Samsung/Update-3-25-19-Samsung-Galaxy-S10-LTE-ESM-X-EMM-13-APN-X-ISP...

I'm hoping the same faulty firmware isn't present in the S8 update, but it might be possible. A warning to S8 owners that you may want to hold off on updating or risk spotty 3G coverage and/or this error:

ESM - X EMM -13 APN - n.ispsn

My S8 will only connect to data over CDMA/3G and I often see the signal indicator indicate there's no connection whatsoever. I did not have this problem this morning, before I updated.

316 REPLIES 316
Highlighted

Has anyone heard anything on when a fix will be available? It looks like Sprint will release a fix for the S10 tomorrow. Any chance the same fix will work on the S8? 

The S10 and the S8 had similar issues, but the root cause is different.  A software update will be required for the S8 as well, but there is no release date at this time.

@KSEGWOTW wrote:

Has anyone heard anything on when a fix will be available? It looks like Sprint will release a fix for the S10 tomorrow. Any chance the same fix will work on the S8? 

Highlighted

so the ##72786# fix was temporary.  lasted just one day. Friday it was all good, but then over the weekend while out, notice signal got weaker and weaker, and couldnt make calls.  And then the random drops came back, with the no connection message.  Sigh, Sprint hurry and do something, otherwise you will lose a customer that's been with you since 1999 (20 years).

Highlighted

So I understand that it takes time to fix things like this, but I've got a bill coming up for the last month of service, half of which I haven't been able to utilize due to a bad update pushed out by Sprint. So what am I supposed to do? What am I paying for? I'm sure as hell not paying spring for the privilege of using my own WiFi at home, I could do that with no service.

Highlighted

I hear ya MCKINNON8825. At this time credits aren't being given. This isn't to say that they won't ever be given, but, as far as the credit part,  we're treating it the same as if a tower was down. Meaning credits will be applied after the issue has been resolved, and as a prorated part of the bill. 

In order to know how much of a credit to apply, we need to know how long the issue happened for. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Highlighted

Tried the ##72786# earlier today and so far it has worked, with 4 bars all day.  Went out to Costco and while in line, was able to pull up YouTube, Gmail, etc. Haven't been able to do that without wifi since I upgraded to Pie on April 8th. Guess I will see if it holds up longer than a day when I go into the office tomorrow.

Highlighted

That is good to hear! Let us know if you need anything else! 

Highlighted

Forgot to add....I went in Sprint apps section on my phone and clicked on Tech Expert.  The window goes straight to Sprint Complete to install the Sprint app. Tech shows up, I stated the problem and while they gave enough directions to cover 2 screens (I saw later), I could only see the 2nd half of the message where it started with ##72786# so I started there.  When it finally finished resetting, I saw the LTE above my bars. Turned off my wifi and tried gmail, youtube and made a call. Although, I was still able to make a call when the lte wasn't working yesterday. So that didn't change. But I have internet connection outside of wifi today, 8 days later.

Highlighted

This still doesn't work for me, I'll get intermittent 3g after it settles out.

Highlighted

Same issue here with inability to connect to internet on the Note 8 after the pie update or connects extremely slowly. Was on the phone with Sprint 4 hours today and at least six people. In the end, after having me restart reset reprovision, the only suggestion was to take it to a Sprint store to have it flashed. Obviously, that's not a good solution and doesn't sound like it would fix it anyway.

Highlighted

Yes, if you have taken the Pie update on the S8 or Note 8, there will be data problems.  ##72786# may or may not work.  A software update will have to fix it.

@CheckitSprint wrote:

Same issue here with inability to connect to internet on the Note 8 after the pie update or connects extremely slowly. Was on the phone with Sprint 4 hours today and at least six people. In the end, after having me restart reset reprovision, the only suggestion was to take it to a Sprint store to have it flashed. Obviously, that's not a good solution and doesn't sound like it would fix it anyway.

Highlighted

Is This Issue not communicated through out Sprint ? Unbelievable waste of time on customers interactions with Sprint support. Waiting since 4/2/19 for new patch to be pushed.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat