cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S8 LTE connection issues similar to S10+ issues

Journeyman

Re: Galaxy S8 LTE connection issues similar to S10+ issues

@Em_Will_I_Am wrote:

My bad, not the settings of the app, but the settings in the phone.  If a user does not accept the permission, they cannot complete a call to Care using *2 or *3 on their phone.  To fix this, go Settings of your device, and in Permissions section find Sprint Launcher and review the permissions setting there.  You will need to allow permissions.

@RandyMarsh wrote:

@Time_Lord Also on DSD3 and I get that same message and it makes a notification sound. I'm always confused for a second when there is no message. My Bluetooth still only autoconnects in my car 80% of the time since Pie. No other phone has had any issue with it before, it's not picky. I'd love to test DSD4, I wonder if there is a zip to flash...

@Em_Will_I_AmHah, thanks, I'd like to do that but I couldn't find it just now. I checked the settings in the My Sprint app as well as the settings in the Dialer.

So if I don't want Sprint launcher controlling my calls, how do I contact Sprint care now that I can't use * 2 and * 3?

Highlighted
Community Manager

Sprint's set up the way for you to contact us and it's only asking permission to dial these numbers, nothing else. You don't have to accept the request but there isn't a workaround for it if you don't.

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Journeyman

Call 611 instead of *2

Journeyman

@Time_Lord wrote:

wifi calling is still squawking that it is getting a location timeout.  Otherwise it seems to be working.

I had to change the error alert tone as it was going off randomly throughout the day and night to a silent tone.

if it matters I got DSD3

The difference between D3 and D4 I think is the source the user came from. One fixed those impacted by the issue and the other was just the updates since the users not impacted wouldn't need said fix.

That said if you are on D3 you technically can flash to D4 but you won't gain anything extra.

As for the location that's nice (not really though) to see the other models having it still. The S10 has it and thus far no investigation into the issue has happened. This tells me it's a core issue if other models are seeing it too. Hopefully someone at Sprint can light a fire and get someone at Sammy to actually look into :/

I think some of it is everyone so focused on the LTE issue it's getting ignored a little too. But doesn't work when WiFi calling is what folks with no coverage are told to do or those in troubled areas and it has bugs too hahah.

If this was another provider they'd really be in trouble. They don't offer repeaters like Magic Box etc. They just say if you have no coverage use wifi... At least with Sprint we get SOME extra options... Just hope with merger they don't kill that program off...

GrandMaster

almost positive the other carriers have a device like the Magic Box...well at least like the old Airave..for Verizon its called the Network Extender..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

So are there any plans to fix the problems caused by the fix for the update? Or am I the only one receiving the wifi calling location error every 20 minutes and have a phone that goes to roaming way more than before and in places where I used to have excellent LTE service?

Journeyman

Welp! I just got the update. Haven't installed it yet. I am going to assume that since it's been pushed to me this includes a "working version" of Android 9 with all the fixes, otherwise the rollout would not have been resumed. Can one of the moderators confirm this? 

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

The latest patch for the S8 (G950USQU5DSD3) and S8+ (G955USQU5DSD3) both include the April security patch and bug fixes including a patch for LTE data loss after updating to Android P (software version DSC1).

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Journeyman

Thanks! 

Journeyman

That's literally in the patch notes where you accept the update and that satisfied you?

As mentioned in this thread, you will get intermittent notification sounds/vibrations if you have WiFi calling enabled. "Location timeout"

LTE is much improved but I can't confirm if it is 100% as good as before and some in this thread claim to still have issues.

After a hard reset and much troubleshooting, I can confirm that Bluetooth connectivity is not solid on Pie. If you do a quick Google search you will see that this affects all Samsung phones with Pie. For me, Bluetooth no longer connects automatically more than 50% of the time with a Kenwood stereo that has worked flawlessly for years with many other devices. For Jaguar owners they have a whole slew of additional Bluetooth problems.

You will have to make this decision on your own, if a mod on this forum repeating the patch notes to you is all you wanted, I guess you got that.

Journeyman

I simply asked a moderater who would know if the issues have been fixed and I expect to be honest about it, if it was safe to accept the update. Literally that's all I did. What I didn't do....is ask for your clapback. 

GrandMaster

i spotted your question earlier and got side tracked..you received the Pie update and ahd the issues or you never got Pie due to them stopping its roll out due to the issues that popped up?

@KSEGWOTW wrote:

Thanks! 

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat