cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S8 LTE connection issues similar to S10+ issues

Journeyman

Galaxy S8 LTE connection issues similar to S10+ issues

I'm seeing an issue almost identical on my S8 after getting the Pie update when comparing to the ongoing S10+ issues reported in https://community.sprint.com/t5/Samsung/Update-3-25-19-Samsung-Galaxy-S10-LTE-ESM-X-EMM-13-APN-X-ISP...

I'm hoping the same faulty firmware isn't present in the S8 update, but it might be possible. A warning to S8 owners that you may want to hold off on updating or risk spotty 3G coverage and/or this error:

ESM - X EMM -13 APN - n.ispsn

My S8 will only connect to data over CDMA/3G and I often see the signal indicator indicate there's no connection whatsoever. I did not have this problem this morning, before I updated.

315 REPLIES 315
Journeyman

Re: Galaxy S8 LTE connection issues similar to S10+ issues

EXACT  SAME issues immediately after the Pie update I've been trying to troubleshoot since March 27th, 8am.

Soon as my phone boots up it gets great LTE service for about 10 seconds and then the bars go down to 0 for about 30 more seconds before eventually going to an "x" within the LTE bars. The LTE "x" with no bars stays for about 3-5 minutes and then 3g kicks in with bars lit. The 3G is VERY spotty - When I make messenger calls on it it lasts for about 1 minute and then the bars go out and as soon as I hang up the bars come back. Almost like it was buffering or something.

I took it to the sprint store. They tried 3 different SIMS, reset it, opened the phone and reset my LTE, Wifi wires as well as reseated my battery before sending me out saying I'd have to send it off for a couple of weeks. I refuse to do that as it's NOT a hardware issue since the update is the only thing that's happened.

I've done the bands 25/26/41 alterations and then ##72786#. After a day of playing with it I managed to get LTE to stay consistently until the phone rebooted itself about 20 minutes later. Then it went back to the same old LTE,x,3g cycle.  Even when I had LTE for those 20 minutes, I couldn't text as outgoing text messages hung and would never send. I WAS able to browse the Internet and make phone calls.

I've learned more than I want to know about my phone over these last 2 days.

##72786# - resets the network connection to default.

*#0011# - Allows you to see what LTE band you're using.

##3282# - then enter 000000 for code, allows you to change/view band settings by choosing the LTE option

Very frustrating as I have only 2 more months left to payoff my S8.

You are NOT ALONE!

Journeyman

I have the S8, updated Pi yesterday, same issues mentioned above. Signal loss of LTE, 3G, alternating into Roaming. Stable in 3G mode setting. Went to Corporate store, they tried all the codes, replaced the SIM card also to no avail. Still have issue similar to reported S10+....called customer care and they have no knowledge of S8 issues of Pi upload. They are willing to exchange my phone, holding off for a fix for now. Wish to see announcement or something acknowledging issue

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

We will let you know as soon as we have something to fix this. 

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Journeyman

Please let me know too, as this is frustrating. I have an S8 that has intermittent connections only since PIE update.

Journeyman

Is Sprint acknowledging our issues with Samsung 8s after the Pi Upgrades? Any formal announcements?

Journeyman

I am having the same issues as OP on this thread.   Only after updating to  Pie-Please let me know when a fix has been determined.

Journeyman

Galaxy s8 wont boot

hi, so my phone decided to update to android 9 while I was sleeping and now the device won't boot up. I have tried and google everything but can't find a solution this device is on a lease so what are my options with sprint ? 

Howdy ppl9162. To be honest this is the first I'm hearing about this affecting the S8. I'd like to take a deeper look into this for you. 

I sent you PM so I can gather a smidge more info. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

If you also need some more info from me I would be happy to provide whatever you need.

Re: Galaxy s8 wont boot

That would be a weird one. I know with update it can run my battery pretty much dry. Have you placed the phone on the charge to see if this is the case?

Howdy HARDCORE97. I sent you PM so I can gather a smidge more info. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat