cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S8 LTE connection issues similar to S10+ issues

Journeyman

Re: Galaxy S8 LTE connection issues similar to S10+ issues

You're making my point for me. Sprint is saying it's not our problem, it's Samsung. 

The point you're not getting is that this is Sprint's problem, too. Add a customer, I want to know that Sprint is actually doing something about it. According to you, they are just waiting. Since Sprint hasn't communicated otherwise, I agree with you.

I'll leave it at that. We're never going to agree on this. You have your reasons for backing Sprint on this and I have my reasons for expecting them to do something. In the end, neither of us is going to change what they do or when they do it. There are 2 things we can. Sit and wait for someone to fix this or switch carriers. That's a decision we'll have to make on our own. 

Journeyman

So Sprint is just going to ignore us now?

And I'm supposed to pay my full bill for partial service?!?

At least give us an update about whether you're even bothering to escalate this issue.

Journeyman

I am having the same issue. Samsung S8 with new update or should I say DUPEdate. 

Journeyman

I spoke with someone from Samsung who seemed to know what was going on. He told me that Samsung already has an update available to fix this issue. However, that update is being released in waves. He wouldn't tell me when the update was originally released or what the schedule was for releasing it. 

It would be great if Sprint would update us on this sort of stuff. I'm not happy that I still don't have a working phone but it would help to know that a fix is out there and on it's way. Being kept in the dark is very frustrating. 

Journeyman

My wife's S8 is also having this issue. Her phone is unable to make an LTE connection. Worse yet, it doesn't realize it should switch to 3G CDMA only, I had to manually make the change. Sprint, you probably have a lot of customers with phones stuck in "Emergency Calls Only" that do not know how to force this change themselves. 

It does not matter that this is an issue caused by Samsung with their update. Sprint needs to be communicating to their customers with what is happening. Hell, even communicate to their own employees so when someone contacts technical support they do not run you through the basics "have you tried turning it off then on again?" steps.

When are we going to receive a fix update?

Journeyman

Agreed on Sprint needing to communicate with it's customers. We should all get a rebate this month as well. At least 25 percent off our bills and leases since it has already gone on for a week.

@PATG9234 wrote:

My wife's S8 is also having this issue. Her phone is unable to make an LTE connection. Worse yet, it doesn't realize it should switch to 3G CDMA only, I had to manually make the change. Sprint, you probably have a lot of customers with phones stuck in "Emergency Calls Only" that do not know how to force this change themselves. 

It does not matter that this is an issue caused by Samsung with their update. Sprint needs to be communicating to their customers with what is happening. Hell, even communicate to their own employees so when someone contacts technical support they do not run you through the basics "have you tried turning it off then on again?" steps.

When are we going to receive a fix update?

Journeyman

@fireguy_6364 wrote:

if it were network related then other non Samsung phones would also be seeing this..but they are not.

keep in mind that the Pie update also brought in the new Ui...so it wasnt just a regular OS update..

This logic makes me cringe. Glad that @TriMike already smashed this softball out of the park. Just reading through this thread and you haven't offered anything helpful at all and you mostly have no clue what you are talking about. Just signed up on the forum to ask if you would please see your way out of this thread. Thanks.

Pie was released 13 months ago today and Samsung had a lengthy beta program that I did not participate in. It seems that Sprint also did not participate. The fact that Sprint CSRs have no clue and are wasting time troubleshooting devices is exactly as I would expect of Sprint. Smiley LOL

Journeyman

Found this article over the weekend.

https://www.androidpolice.com/2019/04/06/sprint-galaxy-s10-reception-issues-may-have-a-fix-while-gal...

This paragraph caught my attention.

"S8 users who would like LTE reception back will have to contact Samsung or visit a Sprint store to replace their device. Sprint may charge a replacement fee if the device is out of warranty and the customer has not bought Sprint Complete protection. That means many of these customers may have to settle for 3G and Wi-Fi for an indefinite period.

We requested comment from Sprint yesterday and have yet to hear back."

It is not surprising that Sprint hasn't commented. They haven't said anything since last Tuesday about this.

My phone is out of warranty and I don't have Sprint Complete. So I have to pay for a replacement device if I want this fixed or I have to wait for who knows how long. That doesn't seem right. This problem has been going on for over a week and a half. I can't believe it takes that long to fix this. The conspiracy theorist in me wonders if Sprint is dragging their feet on purpose. The S8s have been out for a while. I would guess that a lot of us are at the end of our lease or close to it. This is a great way for Sprint to get customers to upgrade phones and lock them into a new lease. For those of you who think that this is all Samsung's fault - Samsung told me that they have a patch available to fix this. Sprint hasn't said anything about a patch being available. Just a thought.

Lack of communication leads to increased speculation.

Journeyman

If Samsung has a patch that's good, that's progress.  Sprint undoubtedly has to do their own testing before pushing it to us, and I'm guessing they'll want to be doubly sure this fix isn't going to mess anything else up.  It is incredibly unprofessional in my opinion though to put out a statement telling customers they may be on the hook for replacement fees when they pushed the update to us that broke our phones.  That's completely unacceptable.

Journeyman

That "update" does not fix the issue. Between the tech support center in OKC and my local sprint service store, I have been in contact almost daily with sprint for the past week or so. I went in and they flashed my phone with new build that is supposed to fix this issue and it does not. There is your update on your specific information

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

It sounds like you have done everything we would recommend. We are waiting on to find out if there will be another update or a work around. 

Journeyman

@Katey88_Sprint wrote:

We are waiting on to find out if there will be another update or a work around. 

IF????? I hope there is a better answer than "if"

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat