cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S8 Mobile Data Stops working while still having a connection

Journeyman

Galaxy S8 Mobile Data Stops working while still having a connection

For the past month or so I've had a problem with my mobile data where I'll randomly stop getting mobile data, but I'll still have a 4G connection. Basically, think of it like this; all of a sudden all your apps stop loading just like you have no connection, but when you check your connection it says 4GLTE. The only fix I've found to work is turning off then on mobile data then restarting the phone, but that only works for 20-30 minutes before it stops working again. 

10 REPLIES 10
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Galaxy S8 Mobile Data Stops working while still having a connection

Oh that is not good. Have you tried updating the network profile? You will find this under system updates?

GrandMaster

which update is your phone currently on?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I tried it just now there was an update, but I usually try to update it every 1-2 weeks if I can.

Journeyman

The lastest update for Galaxy S8 aka G950USQU5DSC1
GrandMaster

https://community.sprint.com/t5/Phone-Device-Support-Library/UPDATE-Samsung-Galaxy-S8-quot-No-LTE-qu...

there is currently a known issue with the S8 line and the Pie update that affects LTE.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Hmm, thanks for the link I guess that I'm a rare case because I don't even have connection to 3G when this happens. This is probably my last straw with Samsung I just need to hold out until I can get a oneplus phone or even a pixel.
GrandMaster

the S10 series is also running into a like issue..not quite 100% the same..but they are getting a update to hopefully fix it in the next few days..hopefully since its known by Samsung with the S8's they are already working on it..

Journeyman

Ya, I have a family member with somewhat the same issue on the S10, but on another carrier. Based on how long it takes Samsung to push updates I'd figure at least another month sadly.
GrandMaster

for the S8 it was announced as a known issue a few weeks ago..with that being said though Samsung isnt exactly known to be the quickest when it comes to fixes lol...

on the plus side there are actually worse OEM's when it comes to updates and fixes..so at least theres that lol.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey Community Fam, We are working to keep discussions in a centralized thread.  Please feel free to use the GS 8 LTE issues thread for further discussion on the topic. 

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat