cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S8 / S8+ Owners: Who's ready for some Oreo?

Journeyman

Re: Galaxy S8 / S8+ Owners: Who's ready for some Oreo?

Is this coming out for S8 Active? rarely see it mentioned with S8/S8+

Thank you!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I like the new features it offers. I haven't had any issues besides the battery life and that's a Sprint Hub issue as described in another post I started. Biggest thing I like is the options now for the AOD where you can insert your own picture..I've been making a few of my own with Photoshop to match my Orange/Rust color case.

JC

Journeyman

Funny, I check for updates and it displays that I am up to date. Is there a sprint/Samsung link?
GrandMaster

let me double check. there was a recent update that the OEM pulled due to some issues found but i cant remember if that was for the S8's or the S9's.

it was for the S9/S9+..so this one should still be good to go. was your phone purchased through Sprint, brought in as a BYOD or purchased directly from Samsung?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I purchased it as a pre-owned.(Still love my android) The seller was on Sprint. The device is unlocked.
GrandMaster

you might try taking it into a repair store to see if they can flash Oreo onto the phone..i think best buy does it as well. wonder why it didnt kick?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat