cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S8 Unlocking Disaster

Highlighted
Journeyman

Galaxy S8 Unlocking Disaster

Before anybody says it this issue is about a boost mobile phone but im getting errors saying"please contact sprint, so i thought id try my luck here and see if anybody has been able to resolve it. Boost mobile reps cant help me at all with this

So a few days ago i called Boost to get my Galaxy S8 unlocked so i can switch to a different carrier. I was told to wait 24-48 hours and i did. Last night i got a text saying the unlock has been updated so i called boost to see if it was completed and they said yes. I went over to the other carriers store today to port over my phone and get a new SIM for my unlocked boost galaxy S8. The number ported successfully but once the carrier put their SIM in my phone it said. "Please contact sprint to unlock this device." I called boost and was told i had to do a UICC unlock before i removed the SIM (which i didn't because the day before they said the phone was completely unlocked). The Boost rep told me this shouldn't be an issues and its and issue from my carrier im trying to transfer over too and to speak to them about it. THE PHONE ISNT UNLOCKED, its showing that in the boost system but its not. Ive done research and saw that alot of people from boost and sprint are having this issues. Ive tried to "Update PRL, Profile, and UICC Unlock but its gives me "UICC not working (error 407) " Boost reps doing nothing to help resolve this issue besides saying 'The phone is unlocked from our end its your other carrier" I have called boost 4 times and they all said the same thing. Now im stuck with a boost phone whose number i ported to a different carrier and im not able to use the boost phone i paid for. Has anybody else had similar issues? Any way with getting this issue resolved? 

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Re: Galaxy S8 Unlocking Disaster

Hey! I'd like to start by having the IMEI of the phone. Send me a private message with that information, just lick on my name and select "send a message". 

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

How did you resolve this issue? Having the same problem

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Hi. In order to unlock the device, there are certain requirements that it needs to meet, among the most important are:

• That the device is unlock capable.
  • That it is fully paid, meaning that it cannot have any pending contract nor balance.
  • Never has been reported lost or stolen.
  • The account last associated with the device must be current.
  • To get information about other requirements, please visit: http://sprint.co/2HF8FlH. If your equipment meets the requirements, we can proceed with your request. Have you been a Sprint customer? If not, we also need the account number or account name last associate with the device.

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Hey, did they resolve it? I have exactly the same issue 

Highlighted
Community Manager

Kate, are you trying to unlock an S8 from Boost or from Sprint? We can have an agent look into a Sprint phone but will need to direct you to Boost if this is a Boost phone. 

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Highlighted
Journeyman

Boost! Yes please! 

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

In that case you'd need to reach out to them. Here's their number; 888-266-7848 or 888-BOOST4U

Highlighted
Journeyman

They don't provide any help. They just keep saying that my phone is unlocked . Exactly the same issue as mxiv described . I am so frustrated I really don't know what to do where to get help . no one cares! 

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat