cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S8 Wi-Fi calling location timeout

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Galaxy S8 Wi-Fi calling location timeout

Howdy c_j_m. For the location time out issue, there is not an option to assign a location. Give me a couple mins to look into the Buck Rub Dr & Affirmed Dr 23112 area. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.

Thanks for your patience c_j_m. After looking into this area, I see that the coverage should be good. So I checked the towers, and they too appear to be functioning correctly. Resetting the network setting can help. To complete this on an Android device, please dial ##72786#. For an Apple device, please follow the steps below: 
1. Tap Settings.
2. Tap General.
3. Scroll up and tap Reset.
4. Change to Reset Network Setting

Let's give the reset a try, and let me know if this improves your service. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

Central Ave and Rodeman Rd 29483

I should also say the issue is mainly in the office. If I step outside things get better.

Thanks for the info. Getting service inside buildings is a tough one for any carrier. The main factor is what the structure is made out of. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Thanks for your patience. After looking into this area, I see that the coverage should be good. So I checked the towers, and they too appear being functioning correctly. Resetting the network setting can help. To complete this on an Android device, please dial ##72786#. For an Apple device, please follow the steps below: 
1. Tap Settings.
2. Tap General.
3. Scroll up and tap Reset.
4. Change to Reset Network Setting

Let's give the reset a try, and let me know if the service improves. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Journeyman

Thanks. I did the reset and hopefully when I'm back home later, I'll have better reception. I'll do the same for my wife's phone.

Several months back (before the pie update), I called about having a poor signal at the house and that is when a Sprint support person told me I could turn on wifi calling on my phone. I asked about my wife's phone and they said it didn't have wifi calling. I asked if she was eligible for a signal booster since she regularly drops calls and doesn't get text messages timely. They said our address qualified for an AIRAVE, but they were back ordered and would send one when they had more. We never heard back on that. If this fix doesn't work, should I call back and ask about the AIRAVE again?

Excellent question c_j_m. I sent you a PM so I can gather a smidge of info. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Journeyman

Reset phone with no improvement. Never noticed before the phone update that just pushed through yesterday, but WiFi Calling completely disappears when the location timeout comes up and only way to reconnect is to reboot phone. Turning WiFi Calling on an off does nothing. I just don't get it, yes inside a building environment the cell signal is going to be reduced, but isn't that the reason behind the addition of WiFi Calling? Seems counterproductive to me.

Guess it's time to fight with the old Airave at the office which was always a piece of junk. The lag in conversations was just brutal. I'd be talking and apparently the other person would be talking at the same time. Kind of not good in a business environment when the other person on the line thinks I can't let anyone get a word in, lol. 

Journeyman

Hi Cat,
Sadly I have the same report as lancer. I had several instances where I got the location timeout for wi-fi calling at home last night. I was about to ask if I should just buy an AIRAVE off ebay, but after what lancer just wrote about conversation lag, I don't think that's a great option. How about the Magic Box? I see a few of those for sale on ebay too. Do those work better?

Howdy lancer1991. I'd like to look into this for you. I sent you a PM yesterday morning, so I can gather a smidge of info. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

I hear ya c_j_m. I also sent you a PM yesterday morning so I can gather a smidge of info. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Journeyman

Thanks. I replied yesterday as well.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat