cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S8 sim unlock

Journeyman

Re: Galaxy S8 sim unlock

Hello Sprint, 

I recently purchased a Galaxy S8 that is locked to the Verizon network. I want to use it with my Sprint service. Can Sprint unlock the Galaxy S8 to be used with the Sprint network?

Thanks.

Journeyman

Hello Carlos,

I'm also switching Carriers and need to have my Phone Unlocked I have the Samsung Galaxy S8+ what do I need to do to get my phone unlocked so that I may switch.

Thank you for your help.

Sprint Social Care

Dablis,

Hey! We definitely not want to see you leave. I've sent you a private message, please check your inbox.

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Hello

Now I need to see what I can do to get another phone unlocked so I can use it with a different carrier. I have spoken to someone on the phone twice now and they tell me that the phone is unlocked but it says it is still locked to sprint sims only and when I place my new sim card in from my new carrier it tells me to contact sprint to unlock my device. someone please help.

Thank you

Sprint Social Care

Hello Dablis, I'd like to take a look into this matter. I have sent you a Private Message, feel free to reply at your earliest convenience.

Mayorin
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I am having much the same problem. Sprint says that my phone is unlocked, but under the UICC it says "Your device is locked to Sprint SIMs only". The other provider does support my phone - Samsung Galaxy S7. Can you help?
Highlighted
Sprint Employee

We will gladly help, please send a private message.

No longer working Community Response.
Journeyman

Gladly. How do I do that ?
GrandMaster

click on the agents name. once in their profile the option to send them a private message should be top right of their profile. make sure you have a subject title typed in there or it wont send.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Hello...

I am once again requesting assistance from somebody at Sprint that knows what they're doing.  I spent 4 hours on the phone today, 3 hours yesterday and 3 hours the day before.   I  had been a customer for 10 years and  the service level is horrible and that's why I left.  I I have been told numerous times that my S8 has been unlocked yet anytime I go to put a new SIM card in...it tells me that it is locked by sprint.   When I go to the UICC unlock...again states devices locked to Sprint SIM only.   Yet customer service keeps telling me that it is clear on their end and there's nothing else they can do. I just don't get it.    I am hoping that maybe somebody can finally fix this issue.

Thanks

Sprint Social Care

Thanks for bringing this up @Kneroni,

We would like to take a closer look at your case, and help you address it. Please check your inbox, I'll send you a private message shortly.

Joel
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I've run into the same issue. Talked to voice tech support for Sprint a few times and through the text chat support, and each time, they indicate the phone has been unlocked, but as soon as I boot it with another networks SIM, "Invalid Sim" comes up. I've even tried a different SIM to make sure something wasn't wrong with the SIM. I also took it to our local AT&T store to verify that the phone is compatible with the network. At a complete stand still of what to do.

Richard

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 10:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat