cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Galaxy S9+)How do you move files from folder to folder after Pie Update???

Journeyman

(Galaxy S9+)How do you move files from folder to folder after Pie Update???

So my phone just recently updated to Android Pie/One UI and everything is pretty decent so far, but last night I downloaded some new notification tones and they don't automatically go into Notifications folder. On the old OS I was able to just select them, hit move, click the folder I wanted them in, hit done and BAM. I tried doing it after this new update... Selected them and saw the Move option was on the bottom, so I click on it and a yellow band on the bottom of the screen comes up saying I have 6 files selected on the left of the screen and on the right it says Cancel, to cancel the action. And a Move Here that isn't lit up so I can't click on it. I've tried moving to the desired folder thinking that would do it. Nope. I have NO idea how to move files now. Does anyone know??? Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
GrandMaster

Re: (Galaxy S9+)How do you move files from folder to folder after Pie Update???

there might be something talking about it in here

https://community.sprint.com/t5/Buzz-About-Wireless/I-Got-Pie-on-My-Samsung-and-It-s-Totally-Differe...

this was in the S9 update thread

My Files

• The new storage analysis tool has been added to help you monitor your storage usage and save space.
  • You can now show or hide items on the My Files Home screen.

so not sure if maybe those files are considered hidden and are needing to be set to show up?

worst case you can jump over to Samsungs forums and odds are its probably being talked about in there...or screamed about..many out there do not like change lol.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Thanks for getting back! I actually just figured out how to do it and let me just say they didn't actually "simplify" it lol. After you select the files you have to go back into My Files and then into Internal Storage and then hit the folder. Which to me is more work than the old way BUT it's all good now.

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Hey Lulubelle143! Here's a screenshot from my S9 with Pie running.   

On my S9, if i Go into My Files> Downloads(for example)> if you do a long press on one of the files, it'll select it and you'll have check-bubbles appear to the left, allowing you to select the file.  A menu pops up at the bottom, giving you the options to Move, Copy, Details, Share, or Delete.

Select the files you want to move, tap Move. then you can back out to the notifications folder in your internal storage or SD card, then Tap "Move Here" at the bottom.

Thank you! I actually just figured it out. Feels a little more complicated than the last version, but I'll get used to it! 👍🏽

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Ha! Yeah, I saw your last post right as I was hitting "Send".  Android P is a bit different than O, but I'm really liking it so far.  Let us know if you ever need anything else or have any other questions!

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 10:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat