cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S9+ and VoLTE

Highlighted
Journeyman

Galaxy S9+ and VoLTE

My question is simple. Since the Galaxy S9+ is the current flagship device, will VoLTE be made available for it and the users who are loyal to Sprint? Or, will Sprint be totalitarian and force us to upgrade to a new device even though our currently device is still basically brand-new?

22 REPLIES 22
Highlighted

I have a feeling people here don't realize the magnitude of the problem. This has nothing to do with Bluetooth market or a type of device. We are talking of people possibly missing vital messages. Please read into the original submission and inform of any steps being taken to consult qualified engineers on the possible solution, workaround or internal flag for serious bugs. Thanks!

Highlighted

Howdy Japa. I understand your frustration with this issue. I'm going to take a deeper look into this. Give me a few mins to get in touch with our tech guru.  

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Highlighted

Howdy Cat_Sprint,

You kindly offered to a deeper look for a few minutes, and it's been 4 weeks, any news?

I will remind you, 2 issues -

• notification routing in Android Pie-upgraded S9 and probably others (top priority)
  • VoLTE in Sprint S9, S9 Plus (let's be honest, it's about time it is offered.)

Thanks!

Highlighted

Thanks for your patience Japa. The tech team is working on this issue, and in the future the s9/s9+ should be able to to access VoLTE. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Highlighted

I'd love to give you kudos but I have to say the response is a bit too ambiguous. Future can be a week or 10 years, re: VoLTE for s9 /s9+.

Notification routing, thank you for assuring that a team is looking into it. I hope we are over the hump of serving the initial "customer wish" to mute device speaker notification unconditionally. Well, the solution is simple, just go back to the code of Oreo for that.

These two simple things are taking way too much time! 

Highlighted

you do understand that the manufacturer is the one that applies updates and not the carrier right?

@japa wrote:

I'd love to give you kudos but I have to say the response is a bit too ambiguous. Future can be a week or 10 years, re: VoLTE for s9 /s9+.

Notification routing, thank you for assuring that a team is looking into it. I hope we are over the hump of serving the initial "customer wish" to mute device speaker notification unconditionally. Well, the solution is simple, just go back to the code of Oreo for that.

These two simple things are taking way too much time! 

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

Yes but until you the carrier make a specific request they won't do a thing. Since this issue has been raised there has been 3-4 firmware updates without any type of addressing if this issue.

The notification behavior is a serious bug that can potentially be even a lethal problem for someone who relies on someone else's unimpeded ability to hear their message arrival. I'm sure noone would like anything even remotely serious to happen but this behavior is a real bug, even if someone thought in their "infinite wisdom" it would be a good idea. Just convey this to your higher-ups and let's see gears turning at last. 

Highlighted

Thank you for the info Japa. I know we're currently working on this issue. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Highlighted

Volte is active. However still, the S9 is not supported on sprint. Now, I just got a text yesterday stating come Jan 2 , 2020. That my plan that has calling plus will be upgraded to Volte. I know if I got a LG GX8 it has Volte and would work on my current plan. So, I'm wondering come jan when my plan changes over if the S9 would work then? I been wanting a Galaxy phone that supports Volte but I am not paying $1000. The S9 is just fine. Its strange also, that the S8 has Volte, the S10 has it and works on sprint but the S9 does not! Seems like a monopoly.  

Highlighted

Wow! I love your concern. I too am a old vet on sprint, 20 years. I remember when this actually worked and it was great! Just wish I remember what phone it was. Anyway, what I am getting to about the S9 and Sprint catching up...is not them catching up, it seems more like a monopoly! They want you to upgrade to the S10. Me, I'm not doing it. I just got a text from sprint stating that my plan "calling plus" will be upgraded to Volte Jan 2. So, I wonder if the S9 will automatically upgrade or work. Since the S9 actually supports it. 

Highlighted

VoLTE update is scheduled tentatively 1/20/2020.  Keep in mind, these things tend to get pushed back, so don't be on here at midnight like, "YOU LIED EM!!!".

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat