cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S9+ and VoLTE

Journeyman

Re: Galaxy S9+ and VoLTE

I have a feeling people here don't realize the magnitude of the problem. This has nothing to do with Bluetooth market or a type of device. We are talking of people possibly missing vital messages. Please read into the original submission and inform of any steps being taken to consult qualified engineers on the possible solution, workaround or internal flag for serious bugs. Thanks!

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Howdy Japa. I understand your frustration with this issue. I'm going to take a deeper look into this. Give me a few mins to get in touch with our tech guru.  

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

Howdy Cat_Sprint,

You kindly offered to a deeper look for a few minutes, and it's been 4 weeks, any news?

I will remind you, 2 issues -

• notification routing in Android Pie-upgraded S9 and probably others (top priority)
  • VoLTE in Sprint S9, S9 Plus (let's be honest, it's about time it is offered.)

Thanks!

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Thanks for your patience Japa. The tech team is working on this issue, and in the future the s9/s9+ should be able to to access VoLTE. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

I'd love to give you kudos but I have to say the response is a bit too ambiguous. Future can be a week or 10 years, re: VoLTE for s9 /s9+.

Notification routing, thank you for assuring that a team is looking into it. I hope we are over the hump of serving the initial "customer wish" to mute device speaker notification unconditionally. Well, the solution is simple, just go back to the code of Oreo for that.

These two simple things are taking way too much time! 

GrandMaster

you do understand that the manufacturer is the one that applies updates and not the carrier right?

@japa wrote:

I'd love to give you kudos but I have to say the response is a bit too ambiguous. Future can be a week or 10 years, re: VoLTE for s9 /s9+.

Notification routing, thank you for assuring that a team is looking into it. I hope we are over the hump of serving the initial "customer wish" to mute device speaker notification unconditionally. Well, the solution is simple, just go back to the code of Oreo for that.

These two simple things are taking way too much time! 

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat