cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch LTE service issue

Journeyman

Re: Galaxy Watch LTE service issue

Our watch is unlocked, it a not a samsung issue. Sprint just needs to roll a update. This is definitely a carrier related issue. Its just a matter of programming the lte to the correct band ( antenna) CDMA I believe. 

Journeyman

@Megntron_Sprint

While I get that you're just reporting back what you've been told by people above you, the information you're disseminating is wrong. Samsung LTE watches work on Verizon service without issue, meaning it is 1000% an issue on Sprint's side. The update mentioned is likely to the Sprint network services to allow the watch to utilize the VoLTE functions. Telling @Kryptic1 to send his watch back is bad advice and a waste of his time and money. 

Journeyman

I've been waiting for lte option since gear s. I bought galaxy, had THE ISSUE and returned it. After weeks of research I found the TRUTH. THE TRUTH IS THIS all galaxy watchs(lte) are the same as far as carriers are concerned. The watch needs volte to use lte, dont send ur new watch back and mess around and get a refurbished in its place. Sprint was rolled out volte beta in 15 places... it's coming, they dont know when, my assumption it that they are hoping for the tmobile merger so they dont have to spend the $ themselves as on tmobile network watch works (again my guess). I have been told since texting works they will not be crediting Bill's. I would reccomend that u cancel lte watch account and use watch in bluetooth mode until they get their ish together, that's what I did. Sprint has a huge disconnect between its ppl who know anything and its ones who dont. It took me weeks and hrs with different ppl to figure out what's really going on. As mad as I wanna be with sprint, dont kid itself that any other provider has better cu service... they all suck... hope this helped

Journeyman

Thanks @Manito and @Supakamario.

I have more faith in what you're saying than in what I've heard. I'm not sending my watch back to Samsung. There are similar threads out there about this same subject, and the truth is still yet to be told. I live in a market that supports VOLTE. I'm able to successfully talk on the phone and utilize the web simultaneously. Screenshot below. The watch is still not a Standalone. @Megntron_Sprint, can you reply to that email you received from the uppers and tell them I'm good to go with VOLTE please? 

Screenshot_20181231-131144_Wi-Fi Calling.jpg

20181231_131114.jpg

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Glad you got VoLTE. As soon as Samsung rolls out that update you'll be good to go. 

I'm here to find all of the solutions and ease your frustrations.
Journeyman

Not here... still no VOLTE
Journeyman

@Kryptic1 wrote:

Thanks @Manito and @Supakamario.

I have more faith in what you're saying than in what I've heard. I'm not sending my watch back to Samsung. There are similar threads out there about this same subject, and the truth is still yet to be told. I live in a market that supports VOLTE. I'm able to successfully talk on the phone and utilize the web simultaneously. Screenshot below. The watch is still not a Standalone. @Megntron_Sprint, can you reply to that email you received from the uppers and tell them I'm good to go with VOLTE please? 

Screenshot_20181231-131144_Wi-Fi Calling.jpg

20181231_131114.jpg

I don't even have that option yet, Voice Networks

Journeyman

@MonsterKen, I have a S8+, and while looking around in other threads trying to find answers to the galaxy watch problem I read that the update for the S8 would allow for VOLTE. Just so happens that I'm in one of the markets where they're rolling it out. My wife has the S9, and she doesn't have the option for it yet either.

@Megntron_Sprint, what is the update called? As mentioned I spoke with Samsung for nearly an hour. You were at least able to find out that an update is expected, while I couldn't get them to recognize that at all. What lingo or jargon should I use to get them to recognize what I'm talking about so that I can bring some information back to the group? 

Journeyman

Yup same thing happened to my wife, 8+ but I have a 9+ so she has it but not me.
GrandMaster

Sprint gives the ok once all testing is done so that Samsung in this case can release the update..kind of how ALL Android updates work no matter if its a phone or watch.

hell...same way the Apple updates work as well.

which if they go in their usual fashion the OEM's are also in most cases including a security patch and at times some bug fixes..which they must test the tar out of to make sure its not borking up anything else along the way.

@Manito wrote:

@Megntron_Sprint wrote:

Glad you got VoLTE. As soon as Sprint rolls out that update you'll be good to go. 

Fixed, you're welcome. 

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

That is beyond frustrating that they won't give more information about it. It's called Samsung Galaxy Watch Activation Error. 

I'm here to find all of the solutions and ease your frustrations.
Journeyman

@fireguy_6364, thanks for chiming in. With that said can you tell us where sprint is with testing because it sounds like Samsung is waiting on Sprint, correct? 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 10:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat