cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch Network Unavailable

Highlighted
Journeyman

Galaxy Watch Network Unavailable

Before I return this dumb watch that doesn't do what it should, I'm getting a "network unavailable" error trying to send texts that Sprint says it should be able to do.  Any suggestions on how to fix this before I return and go buy the BT version?

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Galaxy Watch Network Unavailable

Hi flipflopmama. A few quick questions:

• Are you trying to send the SMS without the watch being paired/tethered to your phone?
  • Are the phone and watch pairing and otherwise working fine for everything except sending SMS?
  • Are you trying this over WiFi or the Sprint Network? What is your connection looking like (how many bars/what kind of service)?

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Journeyman

Im trying to do it with my phone in the car, I know I won't be able to call but tech support says I can still text.  3 bars, no wifi.

Just to make sure, are you having the texting issue outside of the car? Are you able to receive texts on the watch? Everything is pairing between the watch and your phone like normal? 

Journeyman

Yes. For instance, i'm in the store or house. It is fine if say my phone is in my pocket. The purpose of purchasing the watch is for when I forget my phone at home I can still communicate. I realize I can't call at this time, but should be able to text, correct?

The Galaxy Watch requires VoLTE in order to operate apart from a phone. Sprint hasn't fully rolled out the VoLTE network yet (slated for later this year) which is why it can't send SMS or make calls without being tethered to the phone. 

Journeyman

I posted quite a bit in one of the other galaxy watch threads that was shut down. Rather than create a new thread I was just wondering if there were any updates on VOLTE for the watch? I've owned this watch for 8 months now, and I'm still waiting on the functionality that was sold to me. 

As of right now we do not have a ETA on when this will be rolled out. Testing has to be done on the devices, and once all is good to go it will happen. Please stay tuned. 

Journeyman

Approaching the annual anniversary of when I purchased this watch. Was told that it had stand alone call capabilities at the time of purchase and I have been given numerous reasons as to why it doesn't since. Are there any updates? Still waiting..... 

VoLTE is still technically in soft launch, although it is in most all areas at this point. Devices are continuing to be added for VoLTE functionality over time, but the Galaxy Watch does not yet have a target date for going live just yet. 

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat