cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy s10 plus wont stay connected to LTE

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Galaxy s10 plus wont stay connected to LTE

I hear ya Sicilykill. At this time the info on this is limited. We're provide all the info that we have. If you would like I can create a case and have the techs take a deeper look for you. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

No offense but what information have you provided exactly? I must have missed it.

We need a place for all sprint customers to be able to stay up to date with this issue not just me. Sprint should make note of this issue using their social media channels. As a company show that you care about your customers and provide updates on your Tweeter and Facebook pages. Your sprint representatives at the stores are not even aware of the issue. There are some workarounds on reddit that do not resolve the issue but allow you to work around it. Yet you have not even educated your own employees. This is beyond ridiculous for a company as big as Sprint don't you think?

Journeyman

My mobile data has been useless since Thursday night. Went through network reset, updating profile and PRL, reset carrier settings all while on phone with Sprint rep on Friday night. Was going to take into store Saturday but my data started working again.. "It must have been fixed!" I thought to myself. I didn't bother going in the store and went home. Womp, womp, womp.. "unable to establish a wireless data connection". Reached out to SamsungSupport on Twitter. Cleared Cache, reset phone settings, booted up in safe mode to make sure not a 3rd party app causing the problem. Nothing worked. Screenshot_20190317-114332_Twitter.jpg

Highlighted
Journeyman

What I want to know is what sprint plans to do to make this right with all of us that have been sitting on a brick for the last few weeks. although disabling band 25 worked for me a week ago, we shouldnt be charged activation fees or a phone that doesnt work on default settings. not to mention the missed calls and lost money for any of us that use our phone heavily for business. 

Journeyman

@Tcasbon wrote:
I disabled band 25 and 41 and the phone has been working fine for a few days now. I have done those steps before and it didn't work. Any idea on a more permanent fix?

Hi, looked in this thread for instructions regarding disabling bands but didn't find it.

Help?

Journeyman

Journeyman

Thanks, VERY much appreciated.

Not sure I'll be able to get to those instructions here in the office.  Reddit might be one of those sites like Facebook that is blocked on the company internet.

Ironically, I left my StraightTalk hotspot at home today which is my temporary workaround until this nonsense is fixed.  And plus gets around the stupid lack of VoLTE on Sprint (would have been nice had they disclosed that to me in the store as well - though it doesn't matter for sh** if I don't have LTE).

Completely agree with you (all of you) regarding this.  What an epic fail.  What, nobody thought to test this before releasing the phone for sale?  While I love the handset itself (it's a vast improvement over my previous S7 (and even the S7 Edge I had before that)), DATA is what we buy these things for.

Gotta love it - at one point on the highway this a.m. my signal strength had 5 bars and the LTE indicator was on and yet it still wasn't connected to anything. 

Journeyman

Cool info - but sadly I couldn't find any combination of the 3 bands that worked for me Smiley Sad  (Reddit turned out not to be blocked on corporate).

Fortunately, for the moment at my desk I'm close enough to our company guest wifi to use it.

Journeyman

Unfortunately it is not bulletproof. I disabled 2 bands and I am able to survive but it is not a fix. I still get the full bar LTE on and can't even send a reply to a group text. Forget trying to access anything.  This all situation is very frustrating especially the lack of support and poor communication from Sprint. 

GrandMaster

you might opt to only disabling band 41 like most have....

yanking yet another band on top of that might hinder you more than help..especially if you also end up yanking the band for building penetration..or the one for the faster speeds/longer range but not as good of building penetration.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Nevertheless, I appreciate the prompt response from YOU Smiley Wink

Journeyman

LTE only working on Band 26 in NE indiana. I have isolated ea h of the 3 bands and can verify that 25 and 41 do not work and only 26 does. This is ridiculous as I am paying full price for service and phone that only works when it feels like it and only works on 1 band.  This is not difficult guys. Fix the network. My wife and kids cruise along on their iPhones and LGs.  Get to work....and broadcast what your doing about it. Are the people reading these threads even making it known to the people that matter and can make things happen?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat