cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy s10 plus wont stay connected to LTE

Wizard

Re: Galaxy s10 plus wont stay connected to LTE

@canedogs06  Hmm yeah I understand it's just that as much time people have spent on messing with disabling things they could have done a swap out. As far as moving things over Samsung Smart Switch makes that process really easy so it's up to you. Overall it will be interesting to see if they can push out fix for this due to it would have to be a device specific fix due to they could not necessary push it out for all devices.  Due to it would run the risk of breaking others that are not having issues so we will see. 

Journeyman

@ShipWreck  I work for an auto dealership and that would be like a tsb (technical service bulletin) the manufacturer provides the service technicians with  a list of parts and or software updates and instructions on how to repair a certain problem with a certain model vehicle.

Wizard

@canedogs06  Yeah I'm sure there will be some steps in getting it resolved pushing out a patch might not be it unless it comes from Samsung. They will get it corrected for sure but so far it looks like its just a small batch of devices that are having issues.. 

Journeyman

I dont believe it's a phone issue. As stated in previous posts, several people (including myself) have swapped their devices and still experienced the same problem. Others who have had the band 41/25 issue have taken that phone to other areas and had it work flawlessly. I just dont believe it's a phone (hardware) thing, I think it's a software thing, whether it's within the towers or the phones.

Wizard

@TinFW  Yeah if people have swapped out devices and continue to have issues especially in the same areas then yes its most like a combination of both. That being said most likely its more so on the Network side in those areas with their hardware and towers which vary from place to place. Which means they don't all have the same type of tower and hardware so your limited on changes to the device and you don't really want to change much on the device end. Do to it has a bigger effect on how it functions so the changes need to be in those specific areas to the networks.  That's when trouble tickets for towers will have to be put in people at carrier stores will have little knowledge on those things which is why the carriers have to be contacted directly for those things to be put in. 

Wizard

Yeah my guess with the connectivity issues that Samsung will be looking more into it so hopefully they will have some kind of updated information out for everyone. Smiley Happy 

Wizard

Just a thought folks might try removing the sim and re-insert it then do a reset on the network settings to see if that clears things up..  Also folks might trying switching out their Sim Cards with a different one that came with the device I have read that has fixed some issues as well. 

Journeyman

What is going on with this phone? I had no wireless data, would not connect to wifi, kept saying "failed to obtain IP address", and it clearly showed full bars, full wifi strength. It was so bad that Samsung exchanged it on the spot. I will blissfully happy everything worked perfectly until I installed the update. I still have LTE, fortunately but, it will not connect to full signal wifi. Sprint blamed the phone, Samsung blamed Sprint. After seeing all of these threads about connectivity issues, I've got to lean towards this being a Sprint thing. C'mon Sprint, fix this. No other carrier is having problems like these with the S10. This is not a good look! Screenshot_20190317-065535_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20190317-115403_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20190315-154031_We Got POP.jpg

Highlighted
Journeyman

And yes, I'm tech savvy. I've updated PRL & Profile, ##72786#, ##25327#, all that jazz...
GrandMaster

personally im a bit confused on why Samsung would blame a carrier for wifi not working/connecting to the phone..its not as if Sprint gets a blank phone, rips it open and installs all the antennas..that would be on Samsung

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Sprint is in charge of creating the updates and both of my phones started acting weird after downloading the update. No other carrier is having connectivity issues with this phone. Process of elimination.
GrandMaster

carriers do NOT create the updates..they tell the OEM what they are wanting to go into them etc..the OEM then creates it and tests on their end for issues..then sends a tester to the carrier in this case Sprint to test it then once the ok is given the OEM fires it out across that carriers network to the devices..

unless you are saying all carriers create their own and TMO is the only one that does it the way its been done since day one of smart phones.

https://support.t-mobile.com/community/community/news-updates/blog/2018/04/16/software-updates-expla...

you would be the first person to report their phone isnt connecting to wifi in here so far with the S10/S10+.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat