cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy s10 plus wont stay connected to LTE

Journeyman

Re: Galaxy s10 plus wont stay connected to LTE

Well, I'm 90% sure it's the phone. No idea how to single out which ones they were. I'm assuming most of us received our phones before the initial release? I don't trust an update would suffice the issue with the phones. I've going other Sprint users who have had excellent reviews. 

Journeyman

I'm 99.9% it's not the phone. The second one worked like a dream until I downloaded the update. It's the update! I got my 1st phone delivered on the 9th and immediately downloaded the update. I was holding off on updating the second one but it automatically downloaded and I didn't want to keep being reminded about it so, I took a shot. I wish I hadn't. Before the update, I was able to connect to the same wifi that I can't connect to, today and couldn't connect to on my 1st phone. That's not a coincidence.
Journeyman

Gonna let you know now buddy. I've already done that. Give it a few days to kick back in. I'm on phone 2 with no update.
Wizard

Yeah the update should not do anything its the basic security update that gets sent out monthly. 

Journeyman

Not quite sure what you mean.
Journeyman

I returned my old S10 plus Monday and got a new one, disabled the automatic update so it wont download and the phone still working perfect with data. Now can someone can solve the wifi calling location timeout?  smh

Journeyman

Is there a way to delete the update and revert back?  Anyone?

GrandMaster

unfortunately no..

@TinFW wrote:

Is there a way to delete the update and revert back?  Anyone?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I had my phone exchanged for a new S10+  Ran all updates.  Problem solved.
I had no Service for almost a week.

I had several co-workers with Sprint that had no issues here at work but I did.
Could be a faulty hardware.   Change your phone now.  it may be past the 14 days but there was no resolve after spending 7 hrs trying to get it fixed. 1 hr swapping phones and I am good to go.

GrandMaster

the weird part is this only affects certain devices..not all of them that received that update are affected. so add that into the mix. which in a way explains why the update was pushed through...good chance none of the test devices that were used showed this issue.

i wouldnt mind knowing of the devices seeing this if they were all pre orders shipped directly to them or were they picked up in store?

it could be a difference in HW version (a issue kicked up back in the day with a device and it was narrowed down to HW versions..some subtle difference in HW versions was the difference in the problem being there or not there )

to many variables on what the issue could possibly be for me to even make a rough guess on it.

@T1241am wrote:
Gonna let you know now buddy. I've already done that. Give it a few days to kick back in. I'm on phone 2 with no update.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

not a coincidence however the update was a software fix along with performance enhancements.the OEM is/was trying to fix something and whatever it actually was somehow affected how its reading a certain band of LTE.

the problem is its only affecting certain devices..not all of them..the wifi deal though is a new one..only complaint i have seen when it comes to wifi was wifi calling having a hard time pulling location info.

out of curiosity has anyone booted the phone into safe mode in case its something many of you have downloaded onto the phones prior to receiving the update?

*EDITED* the update was originally thought to be a security patch but it was some kind of software fix/bug fix.

@JBNYC9 wrote:
I'm 99.9% it's not the phone. The second one worked like a dream until I downloaded the update. It's the update! I got my 1st phone delivered on the 9th and immediately downloaded the update. I was holding off on updating the second one but it automatically downloaded and I didn't want to keep being reminded about it so, I took a shot. I wish I hadn't. Before the update, I was able to connect to the same wifi that I can't connect to, today and couldn't connect to on my 1st phone. That's not a coincidence.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hey, yes, I did try booting in safe mode and so did the Samsung tech, no diffrence. Plus, there's nothing on this phone that I didn't already have on my S9+, other than the preloads/bloatwear from Sprint and I've un-installed those. Fortunately, I have unlimited data and the LTE was fine when the WiFi failed to connect, yesterday. The WiFi icon just flashed on/off in my top menu bar. I've never seen that happen before. I'm just nervous because I was able to connect to the same WiFi the day before with no problem. I hope this doesn't start disintegrating to the point of "brick" like my 1st S10+. I wish to God there were a way to undo this update.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat