cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy s10 plus wont stay connected to LTE

Journeyman

Re: Galaxy s10 plus wont stay connected to LTE

Im having the same issue, so do i need to just go to sprint and swap my phone for a new one or wait for an update

Highlighted
Journeyman

@fireguy_6364  both of my s10 + were  preordered with sprint and shipped directly to me. 1 phone did the update and has the  lte and data issues. 1 did the update and works perfect. That's why I think knowing build dates and batch numbers may help at least identify what segment of phones are affected.

Journeyman

@fireguy_6364 I think the update may have been to do with the fingerprint reader.

Journeyman

Bye Sprint 

GrandMaster

its possible. i know they have a random issue with the whole charging another device deal on some devices.

as usual when Sprint posts anything in here about a update its pretty much verbatim with what Samsung sends them info wise..so rarely if ever will it say exactly what they are fixing bug wise etc..but its been that way since day one so not exactly a shocker there lol.

at times the Admin or whomever posts about the update will add a bit more info if they know what exactly its supposed to take care of but again that depends on what they are given

@canedogs06 wrote:

@fireguy_6364 I think the update may have been to do with the fingerprint reader.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

BOOM! there it is.

so if you go into the about phone section are you noticing any differences in HW versions?

hell these things are made in mass. one of Samsungs employees could have been having a rough day and wasnt paying attention as they flew past him for all we know lol.

@canedogs06 wrote:

@fireguy_6364  both of my s10 + were  preordered with sprint and shipped directly to me. 1 phone did the update and has the  lte and data issues. 1 did the update and works perfect. That's why I think knowing build dates and batch numbers may help at least identify what segment of phones are affected.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

@fireguy_6364 as far as software information the only difference between the 2 phones is the service provider sw ver. 

GrandMaster

wait. both are on Sprint or one on Sprint and the other on another carrier?

im thinking more along the lines of a possible hardware difference. like on my G6 it is a Hardware version 1.0

Journeyman

@fireguy_6364  no both phones are on sprint. thats just the only difference in any settings. both phones show spr/spr/spr but that second line under service provide sw ver is different. both phones are also hardware version rev 1.0

Journeyman

@fireguy_6364  my phone that has the issues was manufactured in February of 2019. My wifes phone that is good was made in january of 2019. again I would be curious as to what the build dates of the phones that are having the issue

GrandMaster

with the gap between the build on both of those i wonder what could have changed up from Jan to Feb.

sadly we will never really know the root cause..only that Sammy kicked out a update to fix it..which with a few of the other random issues i have a feeling they are going to combine them together THEN kick out the update..instead of firing out multiple updates to fix individual issues.. thats usually how its done so hopefully they figure them all out close together...and hopefully the fix for one issue doesnt conflict with the fix for a different issue once they combine them lol.

Journeyman

So do i need to switch providers or wait for an update IF THERE IS ONE. Im Sick of this man. It doesnt even show LTE 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat