cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy s10 plus wont stay connected to LTE

Journeyman

Re: Galaxy s10 plus wont stay connected to LTE

It's not the phone...its sprint's network.  That info came directly from a sprint employee as I went to a store 2 days ago to exchange my phone.  I was told by that sprint employee who was brutally honest that there network sucks and that this happened with one of their iPhone launches as well.  He also so informed that they recieved a memo from corporate saying not to exchange the phones as it is not a phone issue.  He said there will be a fix but of course no idea when.  Looking forward to leaving Sprint.

@T1241am wrote:

I don't know about you guys, but it's **bleep** close to that return window.  I'd advise you just get from out of this terrible investment. Wasn't even remotely fun while it lasted. #DeathToSamsungS10

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

I can't give you any timeframes for a resolution on this as we simply don't have anything firm to give you. Sprint and Samsung are aware of the issue and it's being actively looked into. I get that it's frustrating. It sucks getting a brand new phone and not having something work right. I've been there with the release of other devices. You are excited, pay a bunch of a money, and then... disappointment. There is no getting around it. It's a not-fun huge bummer.

From everything we've seen and been able to identify, this issue is limited to a fairly small population of devices within the grand release of the S10. You will need to make the call as to whether you can ride this out until Samsung/Sprint are able to get something pushed through, or if you want to return the phone. 

Because this isn't a massive population of phones that are being impacted, we are seeing that most of the people returning/swapping out their S10 for a new device are rectifying the issue and able to move on with life. This is obviously up to you and what you feel like doing. I wouldn't hedge any bets on having a shot-clock extension to the 14-day policy. If you are concerned about it, take action.

I'm not here to make any promises that can't be kept and get you guys backed into a corner where you no longer have options due to our satisfaction guarantee policy time frame expiring. If you are tired of waiting and have been considering returning/swapping out the device, now is the time to act. 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Journeyman

A network issue with a specific phone does not sound right. Everyone else's phone work well. You definitely want to exchange the phone, AT THE LEAST, to restart your 14 days
Journeyman

Now see? The above paragraph says it's the phones. Get rid of your S10 people! 

Journeyman

I am on my 2nd Galaxy s10 plus. I exchanged it at the 12 day mark and the issue has not gone away. It's exactly the same. I am in Ft Wayne Indiana. It's a big problem in this area so please include a focus of attention on this area of the map. 

Journeyman

This morning another thread said a fix will be out very soon. I know that doesnt mean much until we see an actual fix but this poster has been reluctant to give any info until this. I think we will see something by the weekend. 

Journeyman

I'm just curious if anybody having the band 41/25 problem has ventured to another state or a distance far away from home, re-enabled those two bands and had the same issues?  

Journeyman

@TinFW wrote:

I'm just curious if anybody having the band 41/25 problem has ventured to another state or a distance far away from home, re-enabled those two bands and had the same issues?  

Before the band 41/25 workaround came out, I went over 100 miles south of my home town of Ocala, Fl (where I activated my phone) to St.Petersburg and had perfect lte no issues what so ever. When I returned back to Ocala I had the no data no lte problems again. Since the band 25/41 workaround came out I have had no issues. Saturday I will head to Orlando and turn band 25 back on and see if I have any issues.

Wizard

This sounds like a combination of both the device and the network so if people are having this much of a issue then it's always best to try another S10.  But lets make this clear NOT everyone is having issues with their S10 so again like with any device and with any carrier it depends on your home area which is where you spend most of your time. It sounds like certain areas are having issues so if people have tried more than one device and continue to have issues. Then that area needs to be reported so they can look at the network in those specific areas. 

Journeyman

I have reported and have a few tickets written up on this issue. Wife has an s10 + also and hasn't had any problems. I don't think this is an issue with the network in any specific area.

Wizard

@canedogs06  Ok so since the other S10+ is working have you tried swapping your device out to see if it would work. Again it will Always vary from place to place for some it will be more of a device issue others a network so just depends.. 

Journeyman

@ShipWreck 

I have swapped sims and my s10 plus still had  the issues, My wife her phone still didn't have issues even with my sim. Only thing I haven't done is swap the phone for a new one. Since the band 25/41 work around works for my phone I don't want the hassle of waiting at a sprint store to swap out a new s 10 plus, re downloading apps, contacts, passwords, wallpaper etc... just to possibly have the same problem with the new phone. Again I don't see this as a network issue. Seeing as how 2 of the  same device same location 1 has and issue 1 doesn't.  build date and batch numbers of all the users phones that are having this issue, that might help figure out the problem.  

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat