cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy s8 doesn't work with Sprint

Journeyman

Galaxy s8 doesn't work with Sprint

Sprint leases/sells Galaxy S8 and will often provide lease discounts to the plan.   Don't let Sprint fool you.  The phone does not work well with the Sprint network. Calls always drop, it is extremely slow at connecting to the data services.  I am not the only person to report this and Sprint representatives have been extremely unhelpful.  

8 REPLIES 8
Journeyman

Re: Galaxy s8 doesn't work with Sprint

I'm going to guess you're new to Sprint, because I've had my S8 on Sprint's network for a year and it worked beautifully until last month. Then an update was sent out that apparently isn't compatible with our phones. They're "aware of the problem" from what I gather here, but it's been far too long for me to pay for a devise they basically broke in their system. 

Wizard

I hear ya, and you're right @stacy8860. The update has affected S8's. We are working to get this fixed.

Penguin
Social Care Rockstar
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are Welcome
Journeyman

If this is a known issue, why won't Sprint allow for the lease to be broken or changed. My husband went out and bought me a Note 9 because of all of the issues I've experienced. Now, Sprint says...too bad. Even though we gave you a phone that doesn't work well, you have to keep it through the end of the lease or buy out the lease. What a scam.
Journeyman

Why doesn't Sprint accommodate customers when this is a known issue? My husband went and bought me a Note because the s8 has been so bad. Now Sprint says...even though we leased you a phone that doesn't work well with our network, you are required to pay for it through the end of the lease or pay a ton of money to buy out the lease.  It sounds like a real scam.  

Journeyman

Well, that part is legit because you signed a contract. Going out and buying a new phone without negotiating something through the contract you signed is on you, and any company, phone or not, will hold you to that if you just decide to go buy something else and expect to drop a contract.

That being said, I'm at the point where I'll be expecting some sort of compensation for this mess or I will be looking into what other avenues are available. It's not like I'm paying some $25/mth prepaid service. We pay good money every month, and I expect the service I have to be at least as good as I what I've had in the past. In 9 years, I have never had such horrible phone service with Sprint as I do now. If I only wanted to use my device on wifi, I would've bought a tablet for much less money. 

Journeyman

I agree.   I do think Sprint should make an exception as I am not a new customer.  I've been with Sprint for 15 years.   Even if my husband hadn't bought me the new phone,  Sprint should still be willing to negate the lease.   It's like leasing a car that eventually can't be used on the highway.   

Sprint has always had an advantage because they have been at a lower price point compared to other carriers.   I know more and more people moving to the Google Fi plans that are extremely competitive if not cheaper.   

Journeyman

I totally agree they should be negotiating these contracts. Have you tried that, outside of saying you 

Sorry, accidental kid-send... more when things calm down at the house. Lol

Journeyman

Yes. I spoke with 3 representatives. I was extremely patient because I understand that they must get these requests all the time. I explained the situation. Also told them that I know of others who left Sprint specifically because of the s8.
All 3 of them including a 'manager' had the same canned response. We are unable to make any changes to the lease agreement.
I will eventually figure out something that will work for me, but Sprint should show that they do actually care about their customers and make this process easier rather than more difficult. Especially when it's a known issue.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat