cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy s8 uicc unlock not working

Journeyman

Galaxy s8 uicc unlock not working

I purchased my phone to finish my lease out when I ordered my Samsung S10+.  I got a message stating that my phone was eligible for unlocking a few hours afterward.  When I attempted to do the UICC unlock, I'm given an error message stating that "SIM unlocking could not be completed.  Please try again later".

I have done the ##SCRTN#, let the device reboot, then updated both profile and PRL before trying.  The same message occurs.  Even after rebooting, my phone still fails to unlock and shows that "Device is locked to sprint Sim".  

5 REPLIES 5
GrandMaster

Re: Galaxy s8 uicc unlock not working

is the Sprint sim card still in the device? is it still on an active account or has it been removed already? and if its been removed...is it connected to wifi by chance?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

We have send a case to have the device unlocked. Can you set up the device as it states in this doc, and I will PM you for details to get started.

SOLUTION: Sprint Hints for Successful Unlocks

Journeyman

@fireguy_6364 wrote:

is the Sprint sim card still in the device? is it still on an active account or has it been removed already? and if its been removed...is it connected to wifi by chance?

The Sprint sim is in the device and the device is active as I just finished up a call for work on the phone.  The phone is connected to wifi as well since I'm currently working from home today

Community Manager

Due to your recent payment, it has not logged in the system as being paid off.  I submitted a ticket and we should be good to go tomorrow.  I will update the thread.

@thevolget wrote:

@fireguy_6364 wrote:

The Sprint sim is in the device and the device is active as I just finished up a call for work on the phone.  The phone is connected to wifi as well since I'm currently working from home today

Community Manager

OK, I've unlocked it.  Make sure the Sprint SIM is in the phone.  So... First, open the dial pad of the phone and enter ##72786#  It will ask for reset the system setting to factory Default select "YES" It will restart your phone. After the phone has restarted go to Settings > System Updates and click the following:

• Update PRL
  • Update Profile
  • UICC Unlock

@Em_Will_I_Am wrote:

Due to your recent payment, it has not logged in the system as being paid off.  I submitted a ticket and we should be good to go tomorrow.  I will update the thread.

@thevolget wrote:

@fireguy_6364 wrote:

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat