cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get the same number for my watch as my phone?

Highlighted
Journeyman

How do I get the same number for my watch as my phone?

Just purchased a Samsung Active 2 LTE.  Signed up for service and finally got it to work after going through the stand alone process on the watch.  When I send a text when not connected via BT to the phone, it uses a different phone number.  Same with calling.  Is it possible to setup the watch so it uses the same #, even when not connected to the phone (i.e. when on mobile LTE)?  Phone is an LG G8.  Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Re: How do I get the same number for my watch as my phone?

Hello! What is happening in this case is that the watch has another data plan to be able to work, in a different line in your account, and this is the reason why another phone number is displayed when you send a text message or call with the Samsung Active watch, when it is not connected via BT to the phone. 

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you.  But when I read the information on the sprint site about the watch, it indicates I should be able to use the same phone number, even when the phone is off, and still make calls.  Right now, I get a second phone number when the watch is not connected.

Is there a setting or configuration I need to change?

https://www.sprint.com/en/support/galaxy-watch.html

Sprint Employee

In this case, you will need to unpair the watch from the data plan the watch has, so you can use the watch with your phone's phone number once the plan is deactivated. You can do this on the watch's app on the phone. 

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi Kryshna,

Thank you for your help.  I chatted with Sprint technical staff today and they indicated I can only get the watch to have the same phone number as the phone when not connected to the phone, if the phone is a Samsung galaxy.  You seem to know your stuff, so I thought I would check with you to see if that's your understanding.  My phone is an LG G8.   Right now I can call from the watch without the phone, but it shows a different number.  When I'm connected to the phone, it shows the same number as my phone.  I want it to have the same number as my phone even when I'm not connected.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

To be honest, that was my first though, that the Samsung watch is designed for Samsung phones and it can work with other Android phones but not all features will work.

Now, when it comes to the stand alone, the watch will use its own phone number, a different phone number, what you you'll need to use in this case is 4G LTE companion connectivity, this way you can see same phone number which is what you want, and I was able to further investigate into this so I cannot provide you with wrong information, and to use with 4G LTE companion connectivity, the watch can only be paired with certain Samsung devices. The watch can be paired with other Android and iOS devices via Bluetooth only. To use 4G LTE standalone activation requires activation of the Watch by itself and the qualifying wireless plan.

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat