cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set dark mode on Note 9

Journeyman

How to set dark mode on Note 9

I have updated to Android 9 pie. I have tried to set my Note9 to the Dark mode. However,  I keep getting the message that I cannot set to the dark mode while using a theme.  Is there anyway to not have a theme?

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: How to set dark mode on Note 9

Open Samsung Theme's App > click Theme's at the bottom > at the top of the page you should see a section called 'My Theme's' > click 'View All' click on 'Default' and hit 'Apply'. After you reset to default mode you'll be able to delete the other theme that you had and apply dark mode.

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Journeyman

I was able to choose dark mode following the steps you laid out. However, the home screen did not turn dark. The lock screen and messages did, but not the home screen.

It might be that in dark mode, it isn't fully dark anymore. 

Journeyman

I've returned to using a theme and not dark mode

Now my "always on display " remains off. How would I restart it? In settings, the always on display is ON.

That could be the theme that has set it that way. I would go back to default, and try again. 

Journeyman

When I open my themes, I no longer see the "default" option.

The default one will be the front one. 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat