cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to stop "Mobile Installer" from pushing apps to Samsung S10?

Highlighted
Journeyman

How to stop "Mobile Installer" from pushing apps to Samsung S10?

Sprint keeps pushing games and apps to my Samsung S10+ phone. Just recently there was a "Sprint Secure Wi-Fi" app installed. I already have a 3rd party security app that does the same thing, and this Sprint app is not wanted on my device. Also I keep having games pushed to my device occassionally. 

There is this "Mobile Installer" app also that I can't disable on my phone.

How do I fix these issues?

2 REPLIES 2
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: How to stop "Mobile Installer" from pushing apps to Samsung S10?

Hi Warped_Trekker! There is no way to disable those pre-installed apps from pushing to the phone at the initial activation and setup of the phone.  The App Installer allows us to update some carrier specific apps such as Visual Voicemail. You can uninstall this and other unwanted Sprint apps after the phone has been activated.  Some apps pre-loaded by Samsung are part of the OS and cannot be removed. 

Settings> Apps> Scroll to the app you wish to remove

Tap on the app> Select Uninstall

Then tap OK

If you can't delete the app, you should be able to disable it by selecting "Disable" instead in step 2. 

Re: How to stop "Mobile Installer" from pushing apps to Samsung S10?

You should be able to uninstall the app so that's the best thing to do.. Smiley Happy 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat