cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to stop spam Newsletter emails sent to text via MMS

Highlighted
Journeyman

How to stop spam Newsletter emails sent to text via MMS

Hi, a spammer signed me up for dozens of newsletters (seemingly legitimate ones) that are emailed to me via MMS text message. I cannot find a way to block this. I have a Samsung Galaxy S7. Please help me stop this. I have contacted these companies with the newsletters directly and many cannot even find me in their system, despite daily emails to me via MMS.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Re: How to stop spam Newsletter emails sent to text via MMS

Hi! Have you tried blocking the Spam messages (MMS). You would need to try & have the messages forwarded 7726. Try the steps below & me us know if it helps: 

1. You would need to hold down on the message until a menu pops up with which will allow you to “Forward". Depending on your device you may be able to "Report as SPAM"

2. Once completed, you should get a text message letting you that it was reported & simply follow through with whatever info they are requesting. You can also visit here https://sprint.co/2WATkM4. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you. When I hold down on a message, the menu that pops up gives me three options: 1) Delete, 2) Star Message, 3) View Details. None of these seem to help me.

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Hmm, alright :(. Try these steps & let us know: 

1. Click Sign in, enter username and password and click Sign in button.
  2. Select My Account drop-down, select Preferences.
  3. Select which device will be sent the 2-step verification code.
  4. Retrieve the code from the device and enter it on the verification screen.
  5. On the My Preferences tab, select Block texts in the Limits and permissions section.
    • Note: Blocking texts option will block SMS and MMS/picture/video messages.
  6. Select a device that will get the block
  7. Select Block only these numbers for inbound and outbound text messages.
  8. In Add Number field, enter each 10- to 19-digit phone number, 4- to 8-digit short code, email address, or domain address (e.g. spammer.com)
  9. Click Add Number > Save
Highlighted
Journeyman

This worked great. Thank you. I have though apparently hit the limit on the number of emails I can block (50). Is there a way to raise this limit. I was email text bombed so I just need to block all of these emails.

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

That's great news but unfortunately, there's no way to extend the limit.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi, thanks for the solution I had the same problem with the newsletters
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

You're most welcome! We're here to help.

S.R
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat