cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can not delete my voice mails.

Go to solution
Journeyman

I can not delete my voice mails.

I have a Galaxy S6 and use the default Voicemail app, I noticed today [April 2, 2018] that I can not delete any voicemails in the app, usually there is a trashcan icon in each voicemail, except now its not there. If I touch and hold on any particular voice mail it does not give any options to delete. if I click in the upper left corner, the only options that appear are "inbox" "sent" "archive" and trash" if I click on trash, there is nothing in the folder. I have went inside the application settings and tried turning things off and on to see if that helps but it doesn't. I do not want to clear all data because there are messages from my mom who passed last year and I don't want to lose them. Any help is appreciated

21 REPLIES 21
Sprint Social Care

Re: I can not delete my voice mails.

freykr,

Hi! I would like to assist you with this. Can you please provide me with screenshots of what you see on the app?

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

see attached screenshots...Screenshot_sprint_1.jpgScreenshot_sprint_2.jpgScreenshot_sprint_3.jpg

Journeyman

Screenshot_20180403-062106.png

Sprint Social Care

The only this that comes to my mind is that we can move your mom's messages to a microSD card and then clear the data on the app, put the MicroSD card back on the device and move your mom's messages back to your inbox. What do you think?

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

OK.. How do we proceed to do that? Then moving forward, how will I delete voicemail message from the app?

Journeyman

By the way, it's been years since this phone was activated, I do not know any passwords if I need one for my voicemail?

Tags (1)
GrandMaster

out of curiosity have you checked the play store to see if there are any updates for the voicemail app? it might be so far behind that its lacking some options.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Sprint Social Care

To move Voicemail to the SD card:

1.Select the Voicemail icon to start voicemail.
2.Press the Menu button.
3.Select Move to SD.
4.Select messages to move to the SD card.
5.Press the Move to SD button.
6.Press Cancel to get out of the message select mode.
7.Press the Voicemail selector bar at the top of the screen to show messages on the SD card.

You can then remove the SD card, clear the data of the app and then use the steps below to move the messages of your mom back to the inbox or you can just leave them in the SD card.

Steps to Move Visual Voicemail messages back from MicroSD card to Inbox

1.Click the Voicemail icon to start voicemail.
2.Press Voicemail selector bar at the top of the screen.
3.Select SD card radio button.
4.Click Menu.
5.Click Move to Inbox.
6.Select messages to move back to the Inbox.
7.Click Move to Inbox.
8.Click Cancel to get out of the message select mode.
9.Click the Voicemail selector bar at the top of the screen to return to the Inbox.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

the Sprint default Voicemail app is not in the Playstore, it is downloadable from Sprint, I don't know if it is up to date? I have version T.9.0.0.26 

I wonder if I uninstall updates? If I do is there a way to reinstall.

One of my concerns is that if I have to re-set up my voicemail I do not know my password

Journeyman

Sprint_Jeffrey  wrote...

"To move Voicemail to the SD card:"

"1.Select the Voicemail icon to start voicemail." 

OK check

"2.Press the Menu button."

I think here in lies the problem.  When I open my voicemail app it opens to my inbox, I see a list of contacts or numbers from people who left me a voicemail message. In the upper left corner of the screen of my inbox is the icon with 3 horizontal lines, I click it, there is no option move to SD, just folder names..."Inbox" "Sent" "Archive" "Trash" as per the picture attached here. Also,  if I click on a particular message from a contact, there is no button or icon to do anything like move or delete the message, just an arrow which takes me back to my inbox.  (see photos) 

Screenshot_sprint_vm_2.jpgScreenshot_sprint_VM1.png

GrandMaster

long press on one of the messages that are NOT from your mom and see if it gives the option then..before that though..hate to ask...but do you have an SD card in the phone? i usually try to not ask this but there are times people confuse the sim card with the SD card.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 10:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat