Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can not delete my voice mails.

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: I can not delete my voice mails.

Fireguy

When I long press on any of the existing messages, it turns grey, but no option to delete or move is available.

No, the Samsung Galaxy S6 does not have provisions to use a seperate SD card, it is 100% internal memory

GrandMaster

shoot. in this case you are going to need to connect it to a computer/laptop, create a file folder and move them onto your computer. since there isnt a SD card this is going to be your only option. im not to sure what steps you will need to do this though. been a long while since i have done anything like this.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I used to have the option to "share" the audio files via e-mail or text, or the option to delete them, or the option to archive them. I have none of these options anymore and I don't know why, My wife has a S7 Edge, her Sprint voicemail app is the same as mine, same version, her's works just like mine used to, if she wants to delete a message, she justs long presses on it and then clicks the trashcan icon... my problem is that I no longer have the trashcan icon.  Nor is there anything that I can see or find that allows me to move or delete messages

At this point, I don't care about saving any old messages, that message from my mom was nice to hear and recall fond memories, but if I need to lose it I will have to let it go. 

GrandMaster

i have an inactive HTC One M9 at home. i'll take a look and see if maybe being inactive is why you dont have the options. its a stretch but at this point its still a possibility.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

I solved the issue. I am surprised that 2 Sprint Service personnel posted here and didn't know the solution, and one of them suggested I move files to SD card [Galaxy S6 does not have a slot for SD cards] 

I was at an event tonight, I asked a friend of mine who is an iPhone guy if he knows anything about Sprint Androids, he said "no" on both accounts but asked my situation, I opened my Sprint Voicemail app and showed him there is no longer a trashcan icon to delete voicemail messages, he touched  a message I want to delete and swiped left, which briefly shows the trash icon and if you keep moving left it deletes the message. Viola ! Problem solved!

I can now delete messages but cant share the audio file via email or text like I could before.

Tags (1)
GrandMaster

good to hear you got it figured out. for the record though..i am not an employee of Sprints.

Journeyman

Thanks Fireguy.. yes I figured you are a tech savvy person willing to help others.  2 other responders were  "Sprint Social Care" people. I'm not knocking them, I was just surprised that they were unaware. Again thanks for your help and efforts.

GrandMaster

*tips hat*

no worries.

Sprint Employee

I wanted to chime in with a couple helpful points. In most newer versions of Sprint Visual Voicemail, to send the Audio file to an email account you will tap on the voicemail, then tap context menu in corner to select Share, and select Gmail/Email. this will send a .AMR file to the recipient. to delete a message hold your finger on it until you see the checkmark, you will then have trash can Icon at top again while items are selected, making it easier to delete multiple messages at once.

No longer working Community Response.
Journeyman

RC1024

My Sprint voicemail apps *used* to do what you describe, but like I have been stating in my posts, that changed for some reason and my app does not do what you describe. Also, I do not know if mine is the :Visula voicemail" app people are talking about? Look at the pictures I posted, is that Sprint Visual Voicemail?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat