cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid SIM Card

Journeyman

Invalid SIM Card

After downloading an update to my S7 on March 1, 2019 the SIM card stopped working. I have received multiple errors. I've done multiple hard resets to the phone. It will connect to the Sprint LTE Network and then the Samsung DM Service will say "Checking device status...". After a couple of minutes I will receive the following message:

"The SIM card has locked. Please power cycle the device and if the problem persists contact Customer Service"

Then the phone will say Invalid SIM card.

Two major things I also noticed. My network now says T-Mobile under SIM card status. I have never changed my SIM card. 

Please help.

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Invalid SIM Card

That's weird, but not unheard of. You are a Sprint customer, correct? Is the phone a BYOD that originated from T-Mobile?

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

Yes I am a Sprint Customer. I purchased the phone brand new from Sprint in 2016.

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Intriguing. I'm going to send you a private message to get some information from the phone. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat