cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid SIM

Journeyman

Invalid SIM

I have a note 5, my 3rd one. It started saying invalid SIM, a LOT! I have to restart it all the time.

6 REPLIES 6
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Invalid SIM

Restarting the phone all the time can be so time consuming. Have you processed the steps to reset the network settings? If not the steps are as follows:

• Go into the phone and dial ##72786#
  • When the Warning comes up, tap YES.
  • After the device restarts, you will get a message that states the activation is complete. Tap OK.
  • The device will update the PRL. Tap OK once it is complete.
  • The device will check for updates. Follow the prompts to download and install, if they are present.

Let me know how it is working after this is completed.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

Still issues

Wizard

Crud. I know this situation is annoying. I suggest turning off the phone, taking out the SIM, make sure it's clean, put it back in, and restart phone. If you still have the error after that, it may mean the SIM is damaged. You can go to a local store and get a new SIM for free. Hope this helps, let me know.

Penguin
Social Care Rockstar
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are Welcome
Journeyman

Thank you, I've done everything. I think I'll just go get a new one 

Wizard

Sounds good. Here's our store locator if you need it. https://storelocator.sprint.com/locator/

Let me know if you need anything else.

Penguin
Social Care Rockstar
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are Welcome
Journeyman

@K8ybug wrote:

I have a note 5, my 3rd one. It started saying invalid SIM, a LOT! I have to restart it all the time.

I have a note 8, and experienced the very same. After my second sim replacement and they and I provisioning the phone again, that issue went away. Also, if you try to update the prl and profile when their network is down for maintenance, it will show an error too. I have found cleaning off the sim doesnt work. Rest assured, eventually the new replacement sim again will settle in and you will be ok. Anything more than that, would not be network or sim related. I wish you the best. Its note just your note 5, as many others have same issues. Updating during daytime hrs on the prl and profile are best if you do. Have sprint first provision device again when you get a new sim. Then use the code mentioned by another earlier of the keypad to use if periodic call issues or otherwise.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat