cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid sim card error

Go to solution
Wizard

Re: Invalid sim card error

Good morning SaraMartin21. Private message me with the info you have and we can get started.

KRow32Cheerleading Under Cover Cheerleader 
Don't worry, be happy!
Spread positivity in the community and while you are at it,
give me a kudo! Go Team!
Journeyman

I have galaxy S7 that I am moving from Sprint to T mobile. It gives me the error invalid sim card with any t mobile sim card I use. I have called sprint 3 times validating the phone is unlocked, but under settings it says for UICC that "my device is locked and can only use sprint Sim's. Can someone please assist?

Journeyman

e: Invalid sim card error

I have galaxy S7 that I am moving from Sprint to T mobile. It gives me the error invalid sim card with any t mobile sim card I use. I have called sprint 3 times validating the phone is unlocked, but under settings it says for UICC that "my device is locked and can only use sprint Sim's. Can someone please assist?

Wizard

Hey @dustinpad-3209. When you requested for your phone to be unlocked, did you follow the steps in this link? SOLUTION: Sprint Hints for Successful Unlocks

If not, the unlock wouldn't have been successful on your end.

KRow32Cheerleading Under Cover Cheerleader 
Don't worry, be happy!
Spread positivity in the community and while you are at it,
give me a kudo! Go Team!
Journeyman

Hi guys, im having the same problem. I'm moving from sprint to metro pcs and the sim card still reads as invalid. I have a samsung galaxy s7 edge. Ive called sprint 100 times and they say its unlocked but when i call metro pcs it says its locked. Can someone please help? Im going crazy

Wizard

Hey there @Mmmarla16, you've come to the right place. Here's some tips for you, SOLUTION: Sprint Hints for Successful Unlocks. For a successful unlock the phone needs to be on and plugged into the wall, Sprint SIM inserted, and connected to Wi-Fi. The unlock can take up to 2 days to process. I'll send you a private message so I can get some information and request that unlock again for you.

Penguin
Social Care Rockstar
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are Welcome
Journeyman

Could you please message me, I have an s7 edge that was "unlocked" according to customer care but i do not believe it was unlocked because a different carrier's sim was only partly functioning and they stated the device wasnt fully unlocked.  I would like to request the unlock code be resent.

Wizard

Good afternoon. I'd be happy to help you with this. Was the steps followed in this link while the unlock was in progress? SOLUTION: Sprint Hints for Successful Unlocks 

QueenK Social Care 

Be Original, Not a Copy. 
Your opinion matters! So feel free to show someand accept the solution once the issue is fixed!
Highlighted
Journeyman

I was going to follow those exact steps but the rep I spoke with all but refused to make any further attempts claiming that it showed as being unlocked for her so that means it is.  Now the phone is completely locked to the Sprint network again after the phone did an update.

Wizard

Alright well I can submit another ticket. I will send you a PM so I can get some more info. 

QueenK Social Care 

Be Original, Not a Copy. 
Your opinion matters! So feel free to show someand accept the solution once the issue is fixed!
Journeyman

Wizard

Good morning @sbolden1. I can help you with this. Did you follow the steps in the link listed above when you requested for unlock?

QueenK Social Care 

Be Original, Not a Copy. 
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat