cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid sim card error

Go to solution
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: I cannot dld pics, or send or download MMS, group MMS, update PRL of Profile!

Hi there! I think I can help with this.  If you've got a Sprint SIM card and can connect to WiFi, I can have our tech team resend the unlock signal to that Galaxy S6.  

If you can shoot me a Private Message with the MEID of that phone, I'll be able to help with this. 

Re: I cannot dld pics, or send or download MMS, group MMS, update PRL of Profile!

Thanks for that info.  So are you able to make/receive calls on Mint? I'm showing that that Galaxy S6 is completely unlocked for Domestic and International use on our end.    If you're having issues with messaging/data but able to make and receive calls/voicemail with Mint, you'll need to contact them

I did contact them several times, they cannot help. They said the phone was most likely partially locked by Sprint. If that is not the case I am at a dead end. I have tried everything! I know it is my phone, because my daughter had no problems and she had Verizon when she switched to Mint. I can make and receive calls, send and receive regular texts. I cannot download images or MMS unless I change access points to a secondary T-Mobile one which I made on my own. The Mint access point does not work for this. I cannot update my PRL or Profile, I get the message to put in the original UICC card, but  that does not  work, since it is disconnected.  When I restart my phone a box comes up with a blue border and says it is updating my information then the UICC message comes up there also, and it doesn't update.  I cannot even find out why exactly this is happening, but I have seen posts of this problem several times on Sprint phones on all different troubleshooting websites. This problem lies with Sprint and really needs to be addressed. No one has seen one solution that actually works long term, and as I said it is a common Sprint problem. There should be a patch or download to fix it.
Can this problem be escalated to a tech team to find a solution??? Smiley Sad
Wizard

Hey @risksuccess1,

By any chance, have you attempted to use a different SIM card on the phone to check if the issue is with the SIM?

Joel
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Yes, I thought that at first so I changed it with another working one, but I had the same problem.

Journeyman

Re: Invalid sim card error

Same thing is happening to me someone help because I want to attach a ultra noble SIM card 

Hi Misty. Are you new customer to sprint or are you a former customer moving to a new carrier? Below is a link that includes a list of qualifications for unlocks. If you have met all these requirements, please send me a private message so that I can assist further. 

SOLUTION: Sprint Hints for Successful Unlocks

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Journeyman

I am having this same issue. I am def eligible for unlock and have been told by at least 6 different reps that the phone is unlocked. This phone is NOT unlocked.

That can be super frustrating. I can go ahead, and look into this for you. I will be sending you a private message for some details. But when you do the unlock did you set the device up properly?

Plugged into wall, connecting to WiFi, powered on, and has the Sprint SIM inserted in it?

SOLUTION: Sprint Hints for Successful Unlocks

Journeyman

No, they never told me to do that.  They said the unlock occurred on 12/15 or 12/13, I don't remember which.  I then tried to port to t-mo yesterday.

Check your private messages for me. I sent you one. In order to do a successful unlock we will need to have the device set up this way, and I will submit another request.

Journeyman

I replied

Journeyman

I don't know if you read my issue. But if you could help me I would appreciate it. Thanks

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat