cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid sim card error

Go to solution
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Invalid sim card error

I just went ahead and sent you another private message. Let us know if this works out!

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Journeyman

I'm having a similar issue. My son's iPhone 7 did an update and couldn't connect to the cellular network. it's a known issue with the 7 (it happened to my work phone too) so I took it to the apple store where they replaced it with another phone. Now I'm getting the error from his new phone.

Let's take a look at this. Send me a private message so I can get your account info.

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Journeyman

I am also having the same problem with my Galaxy S7.  Sprint says the phone is already unlocked.  Please help. I did work for about 4 hours at first.

Howdy jtwph0672. I'll be more than happy to look into this for. I sent you PM so I can gather a smidge of info. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

I have similar issue with my S10+

Sprint said it's unlocked (domestic + international)

When I insert the sim card, it says invalid

Any potential solution you may have?

Thx

Journeyman

I am having the same issue I called customer service and they say the phone is unlocked but, I still get a message saying invalid Sim contact sprint to unlock your phone.

Hi ActionJ. It's possible that we sent an unlock code at one point that was not received by the phone, so our system shows that an unlock request was successful and has the phone marked as unlocked. In order for the signal to come through, the phone must be powered on, connected to WiFi, and have the Sprint SIM in the phone at the time the unlock code is sent out from Sprint.

If you qualify for an unlock (details in the link below) and need help with getting a new signal sent out, drop me a PM and we can get some additional info so that we can put a new request out for you.

SOLUTION: Sprint Hints for Successful Unlocks

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Journeyman

I had similar issue where they said it's unlocked but i get the invalid sim card error
By coincidence I found how to fix it
Go to settings, system updates, in the bottom UICC unlock will say (your device is locked to sprint Sims only), click on it and after few seconds it will activate unlocking. And say it's unlocked.
I hope that helps out others
Journeyman

I'm having this problem with an s9+. I've already called 2 times both people told me it was unlocked but it's still not activated
Journeyman

Have you tried the method I mentioned above?
Highlighted
Journeyman

I tried but in my system update, I don't have that option. Just update PRL and Update profile but both of those don't work when I try them

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat