Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid sim card error

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Invalid sim card error

I'm in the process of switching carriers. My husband and I both called and had our phones unlocked at the same time. His is an iPhone, mine a galaxy s7. His is working just fine on the new carrier, mine still gives me the invalid aim card error. So far I've tried two different carriers and gotten the same error. Both carriers tell me my phone is locked, Sprint continues to tell me that it is unlocked.

I've been keeping the Sprint SIM card in my phone. Now it gives me the invalid SIM card error with the Sprint SIM card...

I've called repeatedly and I've been to the store three times. I just paid for this phone and as of now, I cannot use it not can I sell it because it is "locked".

217 REPLIES 217
Sprint Social Care

Re: Invalid sim card error

Hello Rfingerhut. Thanks for reaching out. Did you do a Factory reset on the device? At the time you requested the device to be unlocked, was the device connected to Wi-Fi or on the Sprint Network (not roaming or off)?

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Yes, I was connected to Wi-Fi and I have also done a factory reset.

Journeyman

Actually, when I requested the phone to be unlocked I wasn't connected to Wi-Fi. I was using the Sprint network.

@Rfingerhutwrote:

Yes, I was connected to Wi-Fi and I have also done a factory reset.

Sprint Social Care

Alright! Let's take a closer look into that. Please check your inbox and reply to the private message I just sent you.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I have similar issue, two galaxy s7 phones, I paid both and requested to get them unlocked, one worked but the other doesn't, Sprint keeps telling me phone is unlocked, but it is not. Please heeeeelp.

Journeyman

Hopefully a Sprint worker gets back to you on here. Everyone kept telling me that my phone was unlocked, but apparently it wasn't. The person I was talking to here had to send in a request to have it unlocked and it was taken care of within a day. Not sure why there was ever an issue in the first place...

Sprint Social Care

Hello erikvc, I'd be glad to assist you. I have sent you a Private Message, feel free to reply when you have a chance.

*Keep in mind that in order to unlock a device from Sprint's network, there are some criteria it has to meet:
•The device is Domestic SIM Unlock capable
•The device must be or have been active on the Sprint network for a minimum of 50 days
•Any associated Service Agreement, Installment Billing Agreement, or Lease Agreement has been fulfilled including payment in full of any applicable early termination fees or end-of-lease purchase options. Because leased devices are not owned by the user, the end of lease purchase option must be exercised and paid in full before the Domestic SIM unlock is completed.
•The associated account is in good standing
•The device has not been reported as lost or stolen, associated with fraudulent activity, or otherwise flagged as ineligible to be unlocked.

For more information about our unlock policy, visit: www.Sprint.com/unlock .

Mayorin
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

@Sprint_Jeffrey wrote:

Alright! Let's take a closer look into that. Please check your inbox and reply to the private message I just sent you.

I have literally the same problem, if you were able to assist her I think my situation should be an easy fix. Please help

Sprint Social Care

Hello Ivan03, let's review this. I have sent you a Private Message, feel free to reply at your earliest convenience.

Mayorin
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I have a galaxy S7 Edge, my phone has been unlocked from sprint for any carrier, I verified it and everything was working ok with the phone on the new carrier. However I reset my phone to factory setting, and now I get "invalid Sim Card". the phone would not even connect to the new carrier service.  Check the UICC unlock status: it says "Your device is lock to sprint SIMs only".

I called sprint, I called the other carrier, still nothing.

Please help.

Bataille

Sprint Social Care

I'll be happy to look into this for you batfamus01.

Please check your inbox and reply to my private message when you have a chance.

Kelvin
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat